• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can you legally carry on the job at non permissive workplace?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but back around 08 when Georgia Carry got so much passed it became illegal for employers to have such policies. They can prohibit carry in the building, but they have no right to restrict my right to protect myself on the way to and from work.

I worked at Home Depot at the time and the company had to ammend its "no weapons on property" policy after the law passed.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Sure. They can't prohibit you to have it in your car... regardless of their policies.

But they can fire you regardless. No reason required.

Ah, young Padawan...you see, those are not really EDC setups. They are carefully crafted pictures, taken to make the person who posts them appear to be either A)OAF B)Rich or 3)GunbunnyFanboi11.

If they were pics of real EDC gear, they would be dirty, sweaty, and dinged...but they aren't...so they aren't.

As to your question, I believe the answer you are looking for is "sovereign citizen." Expatriate yo'self, foo.

Also, GLWS.
That's awesome! You are right, the dirty carry pistol pictures or non instagram worthy carry pictures aren't something people like to look at. It's gotta have an RMR, compensator, side car holster, and then you say it's your edc.

That's awesome! You are right, the dirty carry pistol pictures or non instagram worthy carry pictures aren't something people like to look at. It's gotta have an RMR, compensator, side car holster, and then you say it's your edc.
That reminds me, last time I put a few rounds through my pocket 380 there was so much lint in the bore that the first shot looked like someone had thrown a roll of toilet paper in a wood chipper.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My sarcasm font button is sticking...apologies.

The "sovereign citizen" guys talk about "expatriating" themselves. Basically they do not see themselves as citizens of the country in which they live and only hold themselves to what they would see as common law. It's a whole thing...looney tunes, mostly. They claim to not have to pay taxes or basically follow any federal or state law. I was attempting to be humourous and in doing so, failed.
'"Sovereign," like "love," means anything you want it to mean;
it's a word in [the] dictionary between "sober" and "sozzled."'
--Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Back
Top Bottom