• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Car purchase question

Once you receive the title in the mail, it will be in your name and you take it to the tag office. You will pay $18 registration, $20 tag, plus 6.75% of the NADA book value (clean trade in or retail, I forgot). Anyhow, if that value shows as $10,000, you will owe $675 + $38 to get a tag.

This answer is spot on accurate! also keep in mind they do not go by bill of sale they go by fair market value which you can see online with the ad valorum calculator

OK the tax is cleared. I think we are both going to Wells Fargo tomorrow. He has a pay off and I guess the plan is to pay his lien off at the bank. I'm asking them to mail the cleared title to me. However, I wondering about that cleared title being in his name and then I have to have him sign off on it. Why is this so complicated? ...:mad:

Actually, they should mail YOU the title in your name. They would only mail him the title if he was paying off the loan himself. If that were the case, there is no need for you to go to the bank. Once he has the title in hand, you pay him, he signs over the tile (on back). You take that to the tag office, they confiscate it and then mail you a new one in your name.

But more than likely, YOU will actually be paying off the loan so Wells will mail you the title directly in your name, not to him. At the closing, you'll pay Wells the payoff amount, and give the seller his cut.

lol, you can't possibly bring too much documentation to the DMV..fo sho.

Fo Sho! Stupid me, thinking I knew the drill, bought it (in full) out of state, I had the title, BOS, @ Insurance card in my hands.
Just had a birthday 6 weeks ago & didn't think I needed emissions "pass" certificate until my next birthday tag - NOPE!
Lady looked at me like a dog hearing a high pitched siren - head slightly sideways (not full gangsta :)) "I don't care when your birthday was, you need an emissions certificate." Oh Boy! I get to wait in line again! Lesson learned, but I will probably forget it by the time I buy something else :).
Gov'munt gonna get their cash fo sho! But I got rid of my drive-out cardboard tag in about 9 days.

It'll go smooth (after 2 days lol j/k) Shovelhead

I agree with the other members. Go to the WF branch and have them arrange everything. I have done similar with banks, always dealt with banks themselves so they can't mess up.

The easy way to deal with it. Is contact the lender. They will not have the title at the local branch. They keep all the titles at some mysterious location. That will take a few days for them to locate and get the title to the local branch. Then you go in with the seller. Pay the lender their share They hand him the title. He signs it hand it to you and you pay him the rest or do a wire transfer into his account

Back
Top Bottom