• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car wreck advice.

USAA is great if they are YOUR ins carrier.....if they are the other guys insurance and yours is a diff company, they will try their best to screw you over.
Just a FYI. Ive dealt with them twice on claims from “ the other guys fault” . Be careful. If your carrier is Geico, I would let them handle it and they will deal with USAA.
MY opinion/experience only.

I have Farmers.
I have used Honda of Conyers for all repair and maintence. I am going to drop it off at Honda and have them do the mechanical inspection and estimate. They (Honda) use the same body shop that I am using.

I have 38 years experience in the collision industry. USAA is pretty good. The insured has more rights than the claimant in regards to repair with any insurance company. Do some research and take it to a USAA preferred shop then the repairs should be guaranteed as long as you own the vehicle.

Refuse and take to the dealer.
That's the only way to insure you get all correct parts and done right.
Get an attorney as well since your insurance company does not have care about anything but money.

Roll of the dice taking it to a dealership.

I'd have a different collision shop check it out... they'll give you a complete visual inspection, also ask for a mechanical inspection.

Good luck. Most shops won't do this unless they are going to repair. Too many time wasters shopping around.

On note....USAA does allow their certified shops to repair with used sheet metal.....junk yard parts....fenders, hoods, etc. Not a real bad thing but if you car is only a couple years old....I wouldn't want them to use wrecked car parts. Just saying.

Pretty much all insurance companies use salvage/ made in Indothaipakichina parts.

Specify to repair shop they can only use OEM parts. Get it in writing.

Not going to happen. No shop is going to do that.

Ok, I got into an accident where the other party was at fault. My front end has damage which I will picture below.

The insurance adjuster sent me to their preferred shop for an estimate. They looked at it for 2 minutes, and didn’t even pop the hood.

The truck is making a rattling sound from the pulley side of the engine, and something is definitely up with the transmission, it is hesitating and shifting poorly.

The insurance adjuster wants me to drop it off at the shop and get a rental car.

I am concerned that there is more damage than the car is worth, and don’t want to be screwed over, but they are making it seem like dropping it off for them to start working on it is the only next step I can take.

Any advice on where to go from here?
Are you sure that you aren't experiencing some pain in your neck? Maybe a headache?

The real money isn't in auto repair.

Are you sure that you aren't experiencing some pain in your neck? Maybe a headache?

The real money isn't in auto repair.
One call, that's all.

Or this
c72d64bdd4dbbd499fa8c16b1ee46326--best-movie-quotes-family-affair.jpg

Specify to repair shop they can only use OEM parts. Get it in writing.
Good luck on that, they tell you they decide what will be used to repair your car/truck and what will not, not a great company to deal with, either get your insurance to deal with them, or just get an attorney, they are awful if you are the one making a claim against them, been there, done that, got an attorney and things changed quickly...

The only experience I have with USAA is a very negative one. My daughter was rear ended in my wife's 6 month old Accord, the at fault party was with USAA. Wasn't serious but more than visible damage. We took it to the local shop that USAA requested us to for an estimate. After nearly a month of calls (we were patient and only called maybe once a week), they finally got it squared away. They kept telling us that their "preferred" shop was being negligent in getting the docs and photos. The folks at USAA weren't too eager to get back with us and keep us updated though.

I hope your experience is better. Just know that you can take your truck to any body shop you prefer for the work.

Back
Top Bottom