• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cargo ship 'listing heavily' in Georgia port, 4 crew members missing ... (merged threads)

My question is what the hell do you do with a half sunk cargo ship? And when/if they get it back upright where they gonna park it for repairs? There's only 3 berths at that port as of March when I left. And they're shared between IAP, WWL, AVP and Mercedes. They stay busy. Well as of now there's no work except consolidating of vehicles already there due to the hurricane and this big obstruction.
But seriously, what do you do with a damaged ship the size of a shopping mall?

boat graveyard.....scrap
have been to many

Happened right down the road from me so I had to go check it out. They're using a tug to keep it pushed up on the sandbar until they can come up with a salvage plan. From what I understand there are over 4000 vehicles onboard. 4 crewmembers are missing.
That's some damn good camera work. I recognize Driftwood Beach in a couple of them.

boat graveyard.....scrap
have been to many
No... you can't drag a cargo ship over the scales at Macon Iron. They'll turn you right around and tell you that you gotta cut it up in sections. Been there done that with a mostly aluminum Vietnam era helicopter fuselage several years ago.

Head for the port with your AR's and AK's and tons of ammo. We'll charter some fishing boats and go out for a fun day of plinking and beer drinking.

Reactions: STI
They're alive! Rescuers free 3 crew members from capsized cargo ship; 1 remains
https://www.usatoday.com/news/
A helicopter landed on the side of the ship and a rescue team was back at work.
The three South Koreans were plucked from a room in the hull near the ship’s propeller, said Coast Guard Lt. Lloyd Heflin, who’s coordinating the rescue. The fourth man is still trapped behind glass in the ship's engineering compartment.

The team had drilled a bigger hole to provide the trapped crew members with fresh air, food and water. A larger hole was then cut to extricate the crew. The effort was slowed because normal torches weren't used because of fear of sparking another fire.

21540721_1568060370529.png
Poseidon Adventure!

Back
Top Bottom