• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry at doctors office?

Most of my families Drs. have children that go to the same private school as mine so we know each other on a personal basis but due to my line of work even the ones I don't know find out & have been ok & often enthusiastic about it.

I have never seen interest as high as its been this year from everyone in concealed carry or in firearm ownership.

I have heard from a few Dr's recently and from the sounds of things, many patients carry in the office. To the point where they have a shelf where the patient can place the holstered gun in the exam room if they have to disrobe or the firearm would be in the way at all.

I carry everywhere legal. In fact I was at the docs office one day and had to get a shot..in the buttocks(well hip). When I loosened the belt I mentioned being armed to the nurse. She smiled and showed me her .357 magnum Smith. Gotta love it.

My primary care physician has some nice shots on his board of him and his latest deer.

The way I see it is..if you go to the doctor's office and they do not want you to have your gun in there, and they do not have any of their own in this day and age.....they are obviously not that smart and you are probably receiving sub-par health care.

I don't carry at my doctor's office, because my doctor's office is federal property (VA).. Private practice.. Up to whoever's in charge.

Correct, at a private medical practice it is up to the owner and if posted as a "no gun safe zone" then if you failed to leave if asked and carrying then you could be arrested for trespassing.

Our private medical office doesn't deny anyone the legal right to bear arms, even our staff if licensed to carry. Our senior physician is a retired air force flight surgeon who believes in the bill of rights.

Back
Top Bottom