• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry Piece...What do you carry?

Spring- Kimber Ultra Carry II w/ crimson trace grips and night sights locked and loaded w/ corbon powerballs...
Summer- "
Fall- "
Winter- "

Last edited:
Ruger LCR with Crimson Trace in a desantis superfly pocket holster or crossbreed supertuck. Hornady Critical defense standard velocity. I carry 10 extra round in Bianchi strips in a cell phone holder on my belt. I like a revolver and pocket carry for a few reasons. I shoot a small revolver well. I have small hands. I can reach in and put my hand on my gun if I feel the need. If I want I can carry in a coat pocket and shoot through the pocket if I really really had to. If an attack is close and they have their hands on me I can engage without being concerned where the slide is going to go. I practice with mine regularly but for people who are not going to practice clearing a stoppage a revolver is a good choice. .38spl New ammo expands .50 from 2" inch barrel. No +P. Controlled well aimed hits are what are going to stop an attack. And the best reason to pocket carry . You do not have to deal with the holster when taking a dump.

winter, spring, summer, fall

1911 45 acp. Because they don't make a 46 acp.

Kinda funny this thread popped back up. I swore I would carry the 1911 forever. I still do prefer it over everything else but for some reason I have been carrying the Glock 22 over the last couple of weeks. Don't really know why. Just sayin'. :)

J frame S&W with +p+, for size, weight, easy concealment.
As a retired 30 yr State Police Investigator, I always carry concealed.
If I have to use it, I'll be the one to choose the time for the bad guy to see it.
You can choose to show yours if you like, but as an old man with more than a few years experience; I choose to have the advantage on my side
Each to his own but I didn't survive all those years by making myself stand out in a crowd.
Just a little food for thought.

A man after my own heart. :heh:

Every day of the week, every week of the year, I carry a Kahr P9.

I may be retarded, as one person seems to think, for carrying a compact gun, but the gun is ergonomic, light, slim, easily concealable --- even in "August in Georgia" clothes, ---and it will get the job done, in reality, just as well as any other reasonable carry caliber or platform can, so I fail to decipher a reason as to why there would be a need to carry anything bigger.

Larger and heavier means one is less likely to actually carry, or that they will have to "dress around the gun" more, which may mean they are not as comfortable ---which may lead back to choosing not to carry, today.

I carry everywhere I legally can, as I do not know when the worst may happen, and realise that the worst can happen, even in the best part of town.

For me, one gun, the same gun, everyday, during all seasons means I am highly familiar with the weapon, its manual of arms, and its behavior when being used.

If the balloon ever does go up, with my name on it, I don't want to be forced to try to remember how my "gun dujour" operates, or where on my person, today, or this week, I may have decided to carry it, and it can be found.

Those 1/10ths of a second of self created uncertainty could then end up being my last.

G27.

OWB during the colder months.

Pocket holster during the warmer months.

Attachments

• glock%20001.jpg
    glock%20001.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom