• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

carrying in car without permit

Really, do say.

I take you haven't read the last 90 years of SCOTUS decisions on the subject.

In fact, it's called "the motor vehicle exception" because, -- well,-- they are different.

I take it you don't live in Ga, and have never actually had any experience with our legal system.

Your car is not generally considered an extension of your home * BUT* , I said but....

... your home your car your place of business are all places where you can carry without a license-- openly or concealed.

Also your home your car your place of business are all part of the definition of habitation and therefore the Castle Doctrine does apply, too.

Whether from constitutional law or statutory law affect is the give some protections to your vehicle just like they do to your home .

HOWEVER, that's not always true for unlicensed carry in your vehicle, depending where you park the vehicle.

On school property? Illegal if there's a gun in the car, and you're not a GWL holder.

At the parking lot of your local Sheriff's Office, which is at the County jail, and the parking lot is within the "jail guard line" ? Illegal, for non-GWL persons.

Your car is not generally considered an extension of your home but I saved but, your home your car your place of business are all places where you can carry without a license-- openly or concealed.

Also your home your car your place of business are all part of the definition of habitation and therefore the Castle Doctrine does apply, too.

Whether from constitutional law or statutory law affect is the give some protections to your vehicle just like they do to your home .
But I read on the Internet that a car is not a house...:behindsofa:

Dumb question for GA law, but if your car = your house, than does this also apply to:

motorcycle= your house?

bicycle= your house?

Since driving a car is a privilege and not a necessity, and some people opt to ride a motorcycle or even just bike to work, etc., does the same rule apply?

Dumb question for GA law, but if your car = your house, than does this also apply to:

motorcycle= your house?

bicycle= your house?

Since driving a car is a privilege and not a necessity, and some people opt to ride a motorcycle or even just bike to work, etc., does the same rule apply?

I never have any issues....das how i rollz yo!
download (5).jpg

NY is worse than that. Try to get a permit to even buy a pistol. GLWS. It takes 6 months and you have to give handies to the judge and sheriff.

I applied for mine in spring 2007 in NY before I moved to Atlanta. $100 for a 8 hour course, $300 for permit filing, $30 for a picture, $20 for finger printing. Waiting until February 2008 and got the application accepted after a sheriff came out and interview my parents, referenced and neighbors. Then you don't get the permit right away, you have 90 days to get a gun on it or it expires. I put one of my fathers handguns and had to go downtown buffalo at county hours, pay $20 per fun to put on permit, if you don't have that, you need to buy a gun and the the gun store holds your gun, and then go in and put It in your permit. 10 days later you got your actual permit in the mail and you can pick up your new gun.

I moved to GA a month later.

I applied for mine in spring 2007 in NY before I moved to Atlanta. $100 for a 8 hour course, $300 for permit filing, $30 for a picture, $20 for finger printing. Waiting until February 2008 and got the application accepted after a sheriff came out and interview my parents, referenced and neighbors. Then you don't get the permit right away, you have 90 days to get a gun on it or it expires. I put one of my fathers handguns and had to go downtown buffalo at county hours, pay $20 per fun to put on permit, if you don't have that, you need to buy a gun and the the gun store holds your gun, and then go in and put It in your permit. 10 days later you got your actual permit in the mail and you can pick up your new gun.

I moved to GA a month later.
New York....
download (3).jpg

Back
Top Bottom