• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carrying/Purchasing: a Handgun in the State of Georgia Under the age of 21

some people still wont sell to someone under 21 though. Just fyi.

Correct, but only people who don't understand the law and it's limitations.

Or, someone that doesnt feel that a person under 21 should be able to own a handgun. I have spoken with a few that are of that mindset. You may not agree, but they can sell (or not sell) to whoever they want.

Or, someone that doesnt feel that a person under 21 should be able to own a handgun. I have spoken with a few that are of that mindset. You may not agree, but they can sell (or not sell) to whoever they want.

For me, selling to someone under 21 would be on a case by case basis - and yes I do understand the law...

exactly, I can refuse a sale to someone who is 40 if I choose. Age is not the only factor, mindset and mentality are big too. If I do not feel comfortable then that is my call regardless of age.

Was in a pawn shop in Augusta recently prowling for cheap mil-surp rifles when two young men barged in making a bunch of commotion about wanting to buy the best rifle and shotgun in the place. Did not even specify make/calibre/etc... Went on and on about wanting this and that, looked down and one of the boys had a wad of 100s in his hand the size of a baseball. Made a big point to announce that he really wanted a pistol but was only 19, over and over again as though he was fishing for an under the table deal. They were making enough of a scene with a handful of cash in a pawn shop for me to back out of the place end return later to finish my shopping.
I wish I would have known that I was well within my rights to sell those young men one of the finer pieces in my collection, such as a Bryco 9mm or broken .380 for say $500 that they obviously could not have spent fast enough.

Was in a pawn shop in Augusta recently prowling for cheap mil-surp rifles when two young men barged in making a bunch of commotion about wanting to buy the best rifle and shotgun in the place. Did not even specify make/calibre/etc... Went on and on about wanting this and that, looked down and one of the boys had a wad of 100s in his hand the size of a baseball. Made a big point to announce that he really wanted a pistol but was only 19, over and over again as though he was fishing for an under the table deal. They were making enough of a scene with a handful of cash in a pawn shop for me to back out of the place end return later to finish my shopping.
I wish I would have known that I was well within my rights to sell those young men one of the finer pieces in my collection, such as a Bryco 9mm or broken .380 for say $500 that they obviously could not have spent fast enough.

these guys are exactly who I would not sell a weapon to. But that's just me.

these guys are exactly who I would not sell a weapon to. But that's just me.

Yeh, I know. They made me nervous enough that I decided to leave the shop, no way I was going to meet up for a firearms transaction. I wouldn't have had dealings with these guys if they were AARP members, much less dumb teenagers. They did walk out of there with a rifle and a shotgun though according to the gentleman at the pawn shop when I returned the following day to pick up the Enfield I spotted. Guarantee they could do more damage with the Mossberg 12g than my Bryco though. Scariest thing in the world to me is dumb kids whose entire experience with the world is television, video games and high school.

There are definitely some people who do not need to possess firearms. Unfortunately until they have their rights to own a firearm taken from them, we have to deal with them.

I recently went shooting with some friends from high school on his private property. One of the people we invited had recently been given a Raven Arms .25 auto pistol. Let me tell you, as I'm sure alot of you know what pieces of **** they are. The only saftey the gun possess is a tiny nub that you have to manipulate with your fingernails to engage/disengage it.

My buddy and I quickly learned that our friend had no idea what gun saftey is. He began twirling the pistol around his index finger. I turned and saw this, as the barrel swung in my direction. I then began to ask him just what the hell he was thinking. He replied by telling me to chill out and that there wasn't a bullet in the chamber. Regardless to say he was uninvited from the trip and sent home.

i would say wait and save. you can easily go from a kel tec to a glock or hk if you wait and just save for a few more months. i wish i wouldve waited, i ended up buying a $450 taurus that is now for sale everywhere almost for $299ish and couldve easily gotten a glock instead. lol even if you get a pistol you still cant legally buy the ammo for it till july anyway.

Back
Top Bottom