• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Charging handle question

I got the Geissele when it was on sale. Its a solid piece, ambi, and has a lip that is suppose to keep gas out your face but I didnt notice a difference once I put the suppressor on.

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_SNSPerformance_Guns_20170106_230602_zpsp4skdwts.jpg

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_SNSPerformance_Guns_20170106_230554_zpsgv7vg3ua.jpg

Vltor BCM gunfighter medium. Great for AR 10 as well.

This brings up a question about the length for charging handled based on barrel length. I familiar with the three sizes of charging handles. what lengths go which barrel lengths?
The length of the latch really has no direct correlation with barrel length. A larger latch sticks out from the handle further and makes it easier to manipulate with a scope mounted.

The BCM is the standard for a great charging handle. the price point is nice compared to others. I have them on all of my rifles except for one. that one has a Raptor. I like it alot and will not be getting rid of it any time soon, but I will probably stick with BCM in the future . the raptor just doesn't do a whole lot more for me than the BCM.

Back
Top Bottom