Chavez vs Martinez tonight

GDAWG1958

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
27   0
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8379269/julio-cesar-chavez-jr-sergio-martinez-trade-barbs-make-weight

Martinez is a 2-1 favorite in the scheduled 12-round bout, which will be for the WBC title that Martinez held before being stripped of it by the ratings organization. Chavez ended up fighting for the vacated title against Sebastian Zbik, part of the reason Martinez says he has a lot of animosity toward him.

"It is very simple. I cannot accept the fact he is world champion," Martinez said. "The only reason he is world champion is because he is Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., the son of the legend, and his mouth is so big -- even bigger than his own brain -- and he's talking too much."

"It will not be an easy knockout," Martinez said. "I will punish him a lot and after that I will knock him out."

should be a great fight, I think sergio wins but pays a heavy price. Chavez is on the juice, he has skipped out on his last 2 or 3 post fight tests and nothing is ever done about it!

Yeah, I saw the espn special on the fight the other night, chavez is real immature. no real work ethic. Martinez is a grown man, he is focussed and very experienced. Of course chavez is 48-0 not the record of a rookie by any stretch.These guys dont like each other, been talking smack for 2 months, they both can really fight, should be a good one.

Id like to see Martinez win it, so im going with him.

Back
Top Bottom