Cheap hard gun case?

Plano is too cheap. I owned one and ended up throwing it in the garbage because it wasn't even worth giving away. Cheap plastic bends and flexs too easy, padding is too thin, etc. Not much better protection than a soft case. The one I had was supposed to fit 1 scoped rifle with 50mm objective lens and it would have if I would have taken the scope off the rifle and put it in there separately. With the scope attached to the rifle, it would not close.

Plano's cheap plastic bow cases are pretty decent, but their cheap plastic gun cases are complete garbage imo.

scoped, plano won't work well... but they are good for a bit more than soft case protection- any bass pro has 'em for 20 bucks or less

get what you can afford... i have owned 20+ plano's over the years, and the only real problem i have had is on the "snap lock" they wear after a while..

i think it depends on more of how you'll use it, and how often you'll be opening and closing

if i replace 1 plano every 2-3 years, how much am i really out?

now when i can afford.. i buy airline approved aluminum cases, i beat 'em all to hell, but looks don't mean much to me LOL

Back
Top Bottom