• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cheapest way to reload 5.56

for powder I run TAC at 25.5 gr for both 55 and 62 gr bullets.

cost around $125 for 8 lbs

usually get that and my bullets from wideners.

Hmmm, well I work in Knoxville 5 days a week, and go an hour from Johnson City a few times a week...

So how much would it cost me to reload 5,000 rounds? Brass and all.

Don't look at it as saving money. Look at it as being able to shoot more for the same cost.
Ain't that the truth.
My load is H322 about 23grs if I remember without looking,
bought 1000 55gr bullets off of gunbroker for around $100,
CCI primers, and tons of range brass.

Hmmm, well I work in Knoxville 5 days a week, and go an hour from Johnson City a few times a week...

So how much would it cost me to reload 5,000 rounds? Brass and all.

Swollowing 5 or 6 thousand projectiles all at once will give anyone "pause for thought"

Well, I'm in Cumming, and that's not far from Buford.
I would be glad to work up a Group Buy with you.

What do you think of that?

Something that everyone should know:

Reloading .223 / 5.56 isn't nearly as economical (as in savings) verses an equal number of .308, 30-06, or even .40 S&W.

The best that you will do is normally around ~ $0.20 per round for fully processed brass and projectiles ... then there is powder and primers for a total cost of ~$0.24 each.!
The second loading of the brass brings the price down to around $0.16 per round, but the labor is much more intense as you will be sizing, trimming, de-burring. and cleaning
the brass before you prime, powder and "bullet" each round. Compare this with commercial sources of .223 / 5.56 and you are (unpleasantly) surprised !

Now, if you look at .308, then the SAVINGS are substancial. I save at least $0.17 per round even for my. 40 S&W loads!!!

Hey, but I SHOOT up the savings anyhow!

Back
Top Bottom