• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Check out this 9mm Conversion for a Standard AR15

That seems like a solution to a question that was already asked and answered .

Why not just use glock mags ? (Legit question)

The lowers are less than $200. We all know those work. I don’t even like glocks and I’d still pick their mags .

For me, it just doesn't look "right" with Glock mags. I know that's just meaningless aesthetics. But I also seem to remember the early ones had feeding issues due to the ramp angle? Also for a long time, LRBHO was either not available or unreliable with Glock mags. These things may be remedied by now but I still like the looks of the original Colt SMG. Just my worthless .02 lol

For me, it just doesn't look "right" with Glock mags. I know that's just meaningless aesthetics. But I also seem to remember the early ones had feeding issues due to the ramp angle? Also for a long time, LRBHO was either not available or unreliable with Glock mags. These things may be remedied by now but I still like the looks of the original Colt SMG. Just my worthless .02 lol
I hear that. I remember the early colt mags. I converted a bunch of uzi mags which ran well in my colt. The glock mags are mainly for convenience and reliability.

I agree completely. I also prefer inserting the magazine on a Colt fed lower as opposed to the awkward angle of the Glock pistol magazines. Aesthetics considered? Hands down colt fed. After your initial tweaking, and buffer purchase I’ve found the AR-9 to need only slightly more maintenance and attention than the AR-15.

All this talk about buffers and broken bolt catches. This can be avoided by running the correct guts. JP Bolt and SCS is all you need to make a 9mm AR function properly without having to worry about broken parts and performance. JP has had it figured out for years and yet you still see people scratching their head about what will work and what don't in the 9mm AR

Speaking from experience.

View attachment 1701423 .
But still no one has figured out the firing pins.

You've won the lotto if you make it much past 5k on a firing pin. Blowback is rough on them.

Agreed ! Colt mags always ! JP gen 2 captured silent spring for 9mm works great. Also Wolfe extra power buffer spring with 8 ounce buffer works great. All 9mm set ups need tweaking as previously noted

I already have a 9mm Glock mag rifle setup with 8oz buffer and the 308 spring that I run both suppressed and unsuppressed without any issues. This will just give me more options and maybe a reason to build out one of my spare lowers.

Back
Top Bottom