Christmas early!! It must be a miracle! or a fluke............

I just got off the phone with Mary, at the BATFE..I could wait no longer to call.. I was informed that they are at 9 months pending before approve. She informed me that mine was put in pending status April 22nd, and she said not to look for it until January..So much for my Christmas

Mine was mailed on Valentines day, cashed on the 20th and went pending early April. Great news this is. :mad:

was there some sort of extenuating circumstances with this transfer? like the seller moving or a store going out of business?

You nailed it I think. Not that the NFA would validate what happened but I think it was a random act of kindness or a pitty transfer. I dont think the transfers would have been approved so fast if she didn't make a mistake. I decided to ask her why she thinks it might have been approved so fast and if she had talked to anyone? She couldn't say because no one told her anything otherwise but It turns out she did talk to some one but couldnt remember who exactly. She called to verify that the corrected form was received and inquired about how long it would take. In casual conversation she mentioned that she was 65 years old, living alone and the guns belonged to her late husband who passed away in 1999. She further mentioned that she is plannig her move to an assisted living community, which doesnt allow firearms on the premises and wanted to make sure there wasn't going to be any further issues with the forms and that the guns go to a safe place legally so not to delay her eventual move sometime next year. She was given no indication at all that they were going to possibly expedite the process. Not even a month after sending in the corrected form they are both approved. I could be dead wrong but it makes logical sense to me. Sorry for any possible false hope on early transfer times.

You nailed it I think. Not that the NFA would validate what happened but I think it was a random act of kindness or a pitty transfer. I dont think the transfers would have been approved so fast if she didn't make a mistake. I decided to ask her why she thinks it might have been approved so fast and if she had talked to anyone? She couldn't say because no one told her anything otherwise but It turns out she did talk to some one but couldnt remember who exactly. She called to verify that the corrected form was received and inquired about how long it would take. In casual conversation she mentioned that she was 65 years old, living alone and the guns belonged to her late husband who passed away in 1999. She further mentioned that she is plannig her move to an assisted living community, which doesnt allow firearms on the premises and wanted to make sure there wasn't going to be any further issues with the forms and that the guns go to a safe place legally so not to delay her eventual move sometime next year. She was given no indication at all that they were going to possibly expedite the process. Not even a month after sending in the corrected form they are both approved. I could be dead wrong but it makes logical sense to me. Sorry for any possible false hope on early transfer times.

I really wish Classic City Firearms was a 65 year old woman right now.

Back
Top Bottom