• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

City of Atlanta will make all landlords accept federal housing vouchers

If the rent in the home is 1500 per month and the vouchers covers 800. Are they responsible for the remainder or is that the gov way of controlling the pricing?

Honest question, I've never had to deal with it

I don't have a lot of experience with Sec 8 voucher users but my brother has some decent ones renting homes from him with them. There was a "family" down the skreet renting (only house on the block not owner occupied) using Sec 8 and they absolutely were nightmare neighbors. When they finally had a dispossessory notice filed against them and they had to leave? The contractors moved in and started tearing out the guts of the house. Those animals destroyed everything. I saw the owner standing in front looking at the pile of kitchen cabinetry and bathroom flooring and fixtures and stopped my car. Rolled the window down and asked him how much damage he reckoned they caused. He said, "About $30,000." I said, "Damn! I was kind of hoping it was around $60 - $75,000 worth." Rolled up the window and moved on down the hill.

I would never expect a Sec 8 voucher user to respect the property in which they live.
The house next door got some lovely Section 8 occupants. Only took the rental company $20,000 to repair when the renters fled in the night.
Once, an agent was talking with some prospective tenants, heard her tell them they would have no trouble getting approved because they had a 515 credit score. Like to have fell off the porch laughing.

My buddy has a lot of houses he rents out, he does take Section 8 BUT always has the tenant having to kick in at least $200 per month of their own money.

He said the difference in the way they treat the house is night and day...

There is a racket they run. My FIL had a house in college park and got raked over the coals so many times by renters. They know how long they can stay once the eviction process starts. They pay a few months rent then they get the next 60 or 90 (not real sure I stayed out of the whole ordeal) days for free while you try to kick them out. Meanwhile destroying your house. Then they start screwing the next guy. The last renter did tons of damage to it. He has never been well off, it was his moms house that he started renting after she passed. He only lost money on the whole thing. I went and walked the house after the last renter. He told me he had 1000 buck what could he do to get it back on the market? I told him 5 gallons of gas and a nice dinner with your wife as an alibi. He had to sell the house that was uninhabitable.

There is a racket they run. My FIL had a house in college park and got raked over the coals so many times by renters. They know how long they can stay once the eviction process starts. They pay a few months rent then they get the next 60 or 90 (not real sure I stayed out of the whole ordeal) days for free while you try to kick them out. Meanwhile destroying your house. Then they start screwing the next guy. The last renter did tons of damage to it. He has never been well off, it was his moms house that he started renting after she passed. He only lost money on the whole thing. I went and walked the house after the last renter. He told me he had 1000 buck what could he do to get it back on the market? I told him 5 gallons of gas and a nice dinner with your wife as an alibi. He had to sell the house that was uninhabitable.
SAD!!!!!!! That's the Only reason we've never rented houses out sorry#$%^&*(*&^%$#@

Back
Top Bottom