• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Class III help!!

Nob0dy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
319   0
Reaction score
Ok I've finally brought myself out of the dark ages of C&R and getting back into modern fire arms, so naturally I want to build and SBR and obviously I need to jump through some hoops to get there. I've noticed some discussion on here regarding Form 4 for the ATF.

So basically my question is I have a trust and I have the lower I'm going to use, I know I have to fill out the Form 4 and I want to know is should I do it using E-file or by mail, because I've heard E-filing will get it processed quicker and if so can somebody provide a link?

I also might need some help in knowing the proper procedure.

Correct. You can also build your own suppressor and that would be a form 1 as well. If you were to buy a pre-SBRed lower, it would be a 4.

Nah, I'm going to buy that later, but in general, is it quicker to fill out the Form 1 through a E-file and will I get a quicker turn around? And if I have a trust established does that help?

E-filing will reduce your time significantly from what I've been told. I've paper filed my last ones and still waiting. They opened up e-filing a month after I mailed my last one. I'm still waiting and some people have had theirs back for months.

E-filing will reduce your time significantly from what I've been told. I've paper filed my last ones and still waiting. They opened up e-filing a month after I mailed my last one. I'm still waiting and some people have had theirs back for months.

What about finger prints if I have a trust do I still need them and if so how do I send that with the E-filing system?

Back
Top Bottom