• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

close

I'm sorry, what is this word "clean" that you are associating with a Glock? All kidding aside, Glocks are designed to be VERY low maintenance but if you are like most of us then you'll end up cleaning it anyway just out of habit. YouTube is a great way in learning how to break it down for a very thorough cleaning, but usually all it needs is a nylon brush down the barrel and every now and then a little bit of Rem Oil (or something similar) along the slide where it makes contact. Enjoy that 23 - it's my favorite Glock (and look into the conversion barrels for it - very easy to shoot .357 or 9mm through these as well!). Oh, and if you take it by Glock in Smyrna that'll do a cleaning/inspection for you for free, will replace any worn-out parts, and will even upgrade the slide and mag release with extended ones if you ask them to - their customer service is top notch!

Enjoy that 23 - it's my favorite Glock (and look into the conversion barrels for it - very easy to shoot .357 or 9mm through these as well!).

Speaking of which, I've got an OEM G32 (357 Sig) barrel up for grabs if you're interested - $100. I don't mean to hijack, but this seemed relevant.

I just use CLP. Barrel is like any other, bronze bore brush inside until it's clean. Patch it and wipe off all excess carbon from feed ramp and barrel breech end. Clean slide like you would any other. Frame and plastic just wipe down with cloth, use small amount clp on cloth to remove any caked on carbon. Only oil on the glock should be on the four steel tabs that the slide rides on and the connector. You can add a drop of oil on top of the barrel just in front of the chamber if you like on the camming surface. Other than that, that is all that is needed. DO NOT OIL THE STRIKER SLEEVE AREA. It is self lubricating and does not need any oil. It just gunks it up.

Back
Top Bottom