Are you in?

• Yes, I want a USGI 1911

Votes: 61 29.9%
  • No thanks, priced too high

Votes: 117 57.4%
  • Tacos

Votes: 26 12.7%

• Total voters
They are averaging 43 calls/notification per day Mon-Fri. The CMP Forum has a topic on the 1911 sales program. You can read the forums without having to register. One user is running a graph that can help you estimate when your RGN come up.

Got the call today. :becky: RGN 27233. Only Rack Grade available. Hoping I get a good one!

Will post pics when I pick it up from Autrey's Armory (Shameless plug :)) next week. WooHoo!!
Hopefully mine comes up in the next month or so….would be cool for a Christmas call.

Going to be a little while. The 1911 arrived at my FFL today. I, unfortunately will be working out of town for the next two weeks.

Pics will be posted as soon as possible.
Well you've waited this long...but that's just torture.
tenor-2.gif

Well you've waited this long...but that's just torture.
Picked up this morning at Autrey's.

1944 Remington Rand Frame with IMI USG replacement slide and barrel. Barrel is chrome lined.

Markings show this was rebuilt 04/87 in Anniston, AL (very ugly stamp job :grey:) Ran 70 or so rounds of Blazer 230 gr Ball through with a variety of magazines, including a known counterfeit USGI mag - no issues.

No rust or pitting anywhere. Frame and slide show finish wear and some scratches, grips are complete (also USG replacements). The bit of staining was dried grease and scrubbed off easily.

So. . . I didn't get the Unicorn of matching frame and slide from WWII. I have a 1911A1 that is clean, doesn't rattle and shoots pretty well. I'm happy with what I got. That said, still just a tiny bit of envy for the guys who got Unicorns. :cool:
1639451567199.jpeg
1639451567199.jpeg

1639451663171.jpeg

1639451716568.jpeg

My son got a Colt Frame w a post WWII replacement de too. Slightly disappointed at first but likes it now. Still USGI!

A user on the CMP1911 forum has a Clawson's book and may be able to tell where your 1911 was shipped. Mine left the factory in early 1945 then to either Fort Bragg or the Texas National Guard in 1949.

Back
Top Bottom