Are you in?

• Yes, I want a USGI 1911

Votes: 61 29.9%
  • No thanks, priced too high

Votes: 117 57.4%
  • Tacos

Votes: 26 12.7%

• Total voters
I am on the mailing list too, and when I open my last email from the CMP 1911 group I was disappointed in their prices. Around $1000 for a used government issue 1911A1, and one that probably been rebuilt and head parts swaps done on it multiple times throughout its service history .

I think they're overpriced. At least as a practical shooting gun. I have no idea if collectors would pay 50% more than what it's worth as a shooter to have it as a collectors' item, but I won't.

I am on the mailing list too, and when I open my last email from the CMP 1911 group I was disappointed in their prices. Around $1000 for a used government issue 1911A1, and one that probably been rebuilt and head parts swaps done on it multiple times throughout its service history .

I think they're overpriced. At least as a practical shooting gun. I have no idea if collectors would pay 50% more than what it's worth as a shooter to have it as a collectors' item, but I won't.

You nailed it. They were issued weapons in my arms rooms until the late 80s when the Berettas came in.

Parts were swapped around at unit and higher levels, true mixmasters of questionable wear and tear.

Probably worth $600is if anything BUT many will line up deep to throw their money at them hoping for a gem.

You nailed it. They were issued weapons in my arms rooms until the late 80s when the Berettas came in.

Parts were swapped around at unit and higher levels, true mixmasters of questionable wear and tear.

Probably worth $600is if anything BUT many will line up deep to throw their money at them hoping for a gem.

Thats the thing if many will line up deep to throw their money at them, then is that not their true market value?

Ok - here's a question.

So let's say you're in the lottery and your number comes up but the only model available is the Rack Grade. For $850, with rust, pits, and cracked stocks.

So you pass on the purchase.

Do you keep you spot in the lottery line for the next go-round or do you have to go back to the end of the line?

Ok - here's a question.

So let's say you're in the lottery and your number comes up but the only model available is the Rack Grade. For $850, with rust, pits, and cracked stocks.

So you pass on the purchase.

Do you keep you spot in the lottery line for the next go-round or do you have to go back to the end of the line?

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Back
Top Bottom