• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMP closer to getting 1911s! Cross your fingers!

Ditto...He is never going to sign a bill that allows MORE guns into circulation, unless of course they are for illegals or recently arrived Syrian refugees.
I'd love it, but we'll see. Kinda feel like it's about as likely as him dropping 50 tons of ammo on N Georgia, instead of Syria. Now that's a prez I'd vote for!

CNN recently did a "news story" (anti-gun propaganda piece, probably timed to keep the Oregon school shooting anti-gun buzz going) about how guns seized from criminals and no longer needed as evidence are being SOLD to FFL dealers and/or background-checked, fully qualified private citizens!

This is terrible, say the lib-tards, because there are no guarantees that these guns won't end up in the hands of criminals and crazies.

It's not enough that all buyers will be screened and background-checked and have to fill out federal forms. Nope. That's not enough. Selling guns under those conditions is totally unacceptable. Guns should be melted down and destroyed rather than be put on the marketplace under such a regulatory scheme.

The a-holes who oppose gun rights will say the same about CMP selling 1911s. There's no "guarantee" that the guns won't end up in the wrong hands.
Even if a bona-fide good guy buys one, he might later sell it in a private-party transaction to some bum off the street.
It could be stolen from the rightful owner.

No, they will say, it's not acceptable. Handguns need to be kept in government warehouses or melted down into Hilary for Prez campaign buttons.
It's the only way to be sure.

In the same vein I imagine the press release from the current or Clinton administrations would read something like this: "We simply cannot allow these high caliber, easily concealable weapons of war, which should only be found on the battlefield, to be sold to everyday people where they'd eventually wind up in the hands of criminals and evil doers. Without universal background checks these powerful handguns would be only a single transaction away from becoming virtually untraceable and we simply cannot hamstring our law enforcement officials in that way." Or some such nonsense. I can see it now. The public was never going to see these pistols.

No one should have these guns. They serve no sporting purpose and are only intended to spread death and mayhem. The gov't will protect us all from ourselves.

BRB...I have to make sure I am on the waiting list.

Not gonna happen. Obama would rather they get given to China as scrap before he allows them to be sold to private citizens. And I think if the issue gets pushed to hard, that is exactly what he (and she) would do. It was... unwise to even try to get this to happen right now.

The best thing that can happen here is for them to go back into storage and forgotten about until a more friendly Congress and POTUS is in power.

Back
Top Bottom