• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMP closer to getting 1911s! Cross your fingers!

Obama vetoed the NDAA, but not for this reason.

Speaking to reporters for four minutes in a rare public veto message, Obama said the bill fell "woefully short" because it kept across-the-board budget cuts in place, blocked needed military reforms and prohibited him from closing the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. With a pen stroke of his left hand, he sent the bill back to Congress, saying, "My message to them is simple. Let's do this right."

The House would need 20 votes to override the veto, and it might not be there. So vetoed, but for completely different reasons than rusting old pistols.

Obama vetoed the NDAA, but not for this reason.

The House would need 20 votes to override the veto, and it might not be there. So vetoed, but for completely different reasons than rusting old pistols.

I'm near certain I read someplace that the provision changing the CMP charter to allow them to sell handguns was not in the version of the NDAA sent to his desk anyway. I'll look to see where it was removed.

LOL, truth is stranger than my fiction. From May of this year: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/12/ndaa-guns_n_7265184.html

Last edited:
So, something like this came out of conference and must have been in the bill:

"The Senate amendment contained no similar provision.
The Senate recedes with a clarifying amendment that
establishes a pilot program limited to .45 caliber handguns and
restricts the amount of handguns that can be transferred to the
CMP to no more than 10,000 units annually. Additionally, it
requires the CMP to provide a report to Congress after the
conclusion of the pilot program, obtain a federal firearm
license to conduct any and all handgun sales, and adhere to all
local, state, and federal laws in respect to handgun sales."

10,000 units per year. You weren't likely to get one anytime soon in any case. Better to buy one on the open market.

Back
Top Bottom