• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Compact 1911 with 6 round mag will a Wilson 47d fit normal?

Newnan1911

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
29   4
Reaction score
I have a Springfield compact that I want to purchase. My pro carry 2 takes regular mags but this comes with a 6 round magazine will a standard 1911 magazine not fit this flush? Or will a 47d look crazy in this please help odt !!!

Wilson makes a compact 7 round 47 series mag that fits, the basepad is a little thick but it fits. Here's a pic of my WC 4" compact with one in it.

IMG_4825.JPG

is it built on the Government/ Commander frame of the Officer /Defender size frame?
compact covers a lot of territory depending on the manufacture.
MY Springer Micro Compact is an officer size frame, most typical compact 1911 are commander type frames.

is it built on the Government/ Commander frame of the Officer /Defender size frame?
compact covers a lot of territory depending on the manufacture.
MY Springer Micro Compact is an officer size frame, most typical compact 1911 are commander type frames.
Actually that's not correct, the compact frame 1911's are not commander type frames, commander frames have a shorter slide not a shorter grip size. Commander grip frames are the same size as the full size govt models.

Flashover16 Flashover16 , my son now owns my old Springer Ultra Compact 1911 which has the same size grip frame as my Wilson Combat Compact Protector pictured above. The only difference in those two pistols is the Springer has a 3 5/8" barrel & the Wilson has a 4" barrel. They use the exact same magazines, the factory 6 round Springer mags fit flush in the Wilson pistol and the factory 7 round WC mags fit in the Springer exactly as they do in that WC pictured above. And just to be clear, I've owned and carried Colt Officer Models, Govt. Models, Commanders, Springer Ultra Compacts and the Wilson Combat Compact all for more than 30 years, I'm kinda familiar with 1911's.

Actually that's not correct, the compact frame 1911's are not commander type frames, commander frames have a shorter slide not a shorter grip size. Commander grip frames are the same size as the full size govt models.

Colt did put a compact slide on a Commander frame on one of their models. Called the NCO model or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom