• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Compact 1911 with 6 round mag will a Wilson 47d fit normal?

You right, but leave it to an ODTer to end up with an oddball and have problems with a mag thats "supposed to fit". :thumb:
I've ended up with an oddball here & there over the years, thought I got myself a "collectors item" but had one heck of a time when I decided to sell or trade cause nobody wanted the damn things. Live & learn....sometimes. Lol!

I have a Springfield compact that I want to purchase. My pro carry 2 takes regular mags but this comes with a 6 round magazine will a standard 1911 magazine not fit this flush? Or will a 47d look crazy in this please help odt !!!

All officer frames will take either 6 round or newer 7 round officer mags. Officer models were originally 6 round guns, but many such as WC, Chip, and others designed 7 round mags to fit in Officer guns. I believe WC sells diff base pads for the 7 round Officer mags if you want a flush fit. I know I had some in the past. Or may have been Chip Mcormick but they’re out there.

All officer frames will take either 6 round or newer 7 round officer mags. Officer models were originally 6 round guns, but many such as WC, Chip, and others designed 7 round mags to fit in Officer guns. I believe WC sells diff base pads for the 7 round Officer mags if you want a flush fit. I know I had some in the past. Or may have been Chip Mcormick but they’re out there.
You'd be right on those 7rd Wilson mags, they come with low profile base pads, standard & ETM pads.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/7-Round/products/374/

Sheesh. I’d forgotten how pricey they were. $40 a pop. Glad I kept mine over the years.
I've seen them closer to $28-30 in the LGS but it's been a little while since I looked at them, I hope they haven't gotten up in that $40 range! But then again WC stuff has always been expensive. When I ordered my WC pistol in Jan. 1999 it was $1740, hang on I'm gonna go look up a new one.....HOLY CRAP!!! $3875! I didn't know it was THAT MUCH now! Geez man, I'm glad I got mine when I did. Lol!

I've seen them closer to $28-30 in the LGS but it's been a little while since I looked at them, I hope they haven't gotten up in that $40 range! But then again WC stuff has always been expensive. When I ordered my WC pistol in Jan. 1999 it was $1740, hang on I'm gonna go look up a new one.....HOLY CRAP!!! $3875! I didn't know it was THAT MUCH now! Geez man, I'm glad I got mine when I did. Lol!

Even with inflation factored in, they are significantly more expensive today. Much of that is probably due to sheer demand.

Even with inflation factored in, they are significantly more expensive today. Much of that is probably due to sheer demand.
I can definitely agree with that. The pistol I bought costs about 122.70% more today than it did 19 years ago. I know this comparison I'm about to make is like comparing apples to Corvettes but check this out: the Dan Post cowboy boots I bought in 1996 (still look & feel great) only cost about $15 more today than they did in 1996. I know WC pistols are awesome and all (I'd never want to sell mine) but DAMN! $1740 in '99 --- $3875 today equals a huge $2135 difference, as much as I like WC and mine in particular, that is freakin' ridiculous! WC is taking serious advantage of customers on the supply & demand thing because the quality of craftsmanship isn't THAT much different today than it was in '99 plus Bill Wilson has a lot more competition in the market now than he did 19 years ago, some of his former employees opened up Nighthawk Customs in the same damn town and they build some really badass weapons there giving Ol Bill some of his most serious competition. I'll bet that just pissed him off to no end. Lol!

It should work. Be careful inserting. If for whatever reason it goes past the mag catch you could damage your extractor. That’s why extended mags have the frame catch/lip on the front.

Actually that's not correct, the compact frame 1911's are not commander type frames, commander frames have a shorter slide not a shorter grip size. Commander grip frames are the same size as the full size govt models.

ahh, I didn't say they were different frames, although they actually are, the commander dis-connector is a bit farther forward than the Government model.
this has to do with the shorter slide and the timing of the weapon.
what I was eluding to is that those 2 frames take the same length magazine.
as the defender and the Officer model does as well.
OH just FYI I am 70 and have owned and shot 1911 for about 50 years or so.
no need to get into a peeing contest my friend.

Colt did put a compact slide on a Commander frame on one of their models. Called the NCO model or something like that.

several companies have produced 1911 with officer/ defender frames and full sized/ commander slides, full size frames and shorter slides, they have called them all sorts of names.
its all in what one sees as an advantage.
more capacity, small frame, shorter grip frame, etc -etc- etc. para made a bunch of these altered size 1911 of different names over the years.

Back
Top Bottom