• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Concealed Carry laws in Georgia...

I certainly would hope that leo has the right to ask you if you have a carry permit IF he has reason to believe you are carrying. If he does not, it is like a leo not being able to stop or question someone he has reason to suspect they just robbed a bank. If I were to be asked by leo if I am carrying I would tell them yes and I have a carry permit. Would not bother me at all.

I didn’t read the whole thread so this may have been answered but I was told, by an Atlanta Police Officer, that they could not ask. This is just one data point and the officer could have been uninformed. I would confirm with an official request.

When I get pulled over I just hand him my license and my permit. Why ask for trouble?
I do the same.
It seems when I get pulled over the officer just wants to talk guns, cool I guess.
My last pull over was a Milton police officer who was an attractive female so I just hit on her till she turned red and told me to have a good day

Why would you not want to tell LEO that you carry and possess a license ‍♂️♂️♂️
Because I don’t like to add extra laws to laws and it’s no ones business what I carry on me least of all theirs. It establishes a precedent for the next guy down the road and if they’re willing to go “above” the law on checking “papers” maybe they’re willing to go above the law in regards to searching you, illegally detaining you, subjecting you to unnecessary roughness, raiding your house. The law is the standard, you don’t need to voluntarily exceed the standard.

Feel free to start out your conversation with “I have a gun and I’m a good guy” if you’d like I choose to answer questions legally asked of me.

Personally I travel with suppressors, registered grenade launchers, SBRs etc. I don’t necessarily want to have to explain why I have a grenade launcher to a man who doesn’t require an explanation.

P.S. exactly like the above story, they will laugh in your face and tell you they don’t care, great job, cool gun, anyways you were speeding. Stop perpetuating the lie and volunteering our rights for no reason other than it sounds right to you.

When I get pulled over I just hand him my license and my permit. Why ask for trouble?
How about the guy last year that was shot and killed by an leo when he let them know he was carrying and had a licence to carry. Believe they charged the officer, but he is still just as dead..
Think that was either Kansas or Oklahoma.

Back
Top Bottom