copy of trust when e-filing form 1

Moose97

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
9   0
Reaction score
OK, so im going to efile for an sbr. i looked at the site and it seems pretty straight forward, except Im not sure about the copy of my trust i need to attach.

I know I need to attach schedule A. but what if I dont already have anything in the trust and am adding the sbr into it. do i put that on schedule A and send it in even though its not technically in the trust until i get approved?

How about the assignment of property? im not assigning anytihng until i get approved so.. do i fill one out and not sign it to show them what i WILL do?

So.. Copy of trust plus blank schedule A ??

OH, and on the form 1, line 4h where it asks for additional description, do i put in what im engraving??? im using an existing company's rifle and that info is filled out in the rest of section 4. Im just confused about 4H

help?

If your schedule A is blank the ATF will reject it as an unfunded trust is not valid. It needs to hold something of value. Mine has 200 dollars US cash and an old family Bible. Doesn't matter what it holds but it has to hold something.

Leave 4h blank. It's not required. If you do put something there and it isn't correct you will be denied. If it's blank they will still approve.

Also, depending on what you are SBRing there are some that say you do not have to engrave anything. The ATF had gone both ways buy has said the original manufacture engraving and SN is sufficient. I do not plan on having any of the form 1s I have pending engraved. :flame:

thank you sharpshooter. ive been staring at it trying to decide where to engrave, but like you say, its already a manufactured gun.

full story, Ive got a smith M&P 15-22 rifle AND a pistol. they're both fun to shoot and I'd really like to put the pistol upper on the rifle lower. no i havent done it and wont until its legal.

I saw the turn around times for efiling being in the 90ish day timeframe so this would make a nice Bday present if i get it in soon.

how are folks paying the tax? I cant find it anywhere on pay.gov do i do the efile and also send in a physical copy of my form and trust along with my check??

Back
Top Bottom