copy of trust when e-filing form 1

Also, depending on what you are SBRing there are some that say you do not have to engrave anything. The ATF had gone both ways buy has said the original manufacture engraving and SN is sufficient. I do not plan on having any of the form 1s I have pending engraved. :flame:

You have to get them engraved because you will be considered the manufacturer. You used to be able to buy SBR lowers from manufacturers, but the ATF stopped this because they only recognize the complete rifle as the SBR. The only time you do not have to get it engraved is when you are buying a manufacturers complete SBR rifle or from an individual who has already completed the SBR approval process.

they fit. Smith probably just didnt advertise that fact very much. dunno...

I will get it engraved. trust name and location. anyone local y'all recommend?

You have to get them engraved because you will be considered the manufacturer. You used to be able to buy SBR lowers from manufacturers, but the ATF stopped this because they only recognize the complete rifle as the SBR. The only time you do not have to get it engraved is when you are buying a manufacturers complete SBR rifle or from an individual who has already completed the SBR approval process.
Not according to several letters from the ATF. I'm mobile right now but I will post them when I get home.

Here is one.

[Broken External Image]:

Now I understand that an ATF letter only applies to those it is addressed to, but there are a ton more letters like this. I will post more. I also know several guys who built form 1 SBRs and have not had them engraved. I'm not giving legal advice and would advise people to do what makes them fell like they are in compliance with the law.

If your schedule A is blank the ATF will reject it as an unfunded trust is not valid. It needs to hold something of value. Mine has 200 dollars US cash and an old family Bible. Doesn't matter what it holds but it has to hold something.

Why is this the first time I am hearing this :shocked:
Confirmation on this? crap!!!

Back
Top Bottom