• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Countdown to Deer Season

Thanks, I was thinking that would've already been gone! Sounds like I ought to learn more about the animals that I hunt than arrow spine calculations.
Knowledge regarding both are important.
Arrow spine is something that a lot of people overlook and then they blame their lack of accuracy on other things.

Thanks, I was thinking that would've already been gone! Sounds like I ought to learn more about the animals that I hunt than arrow spine calculations.
The reason I think that the other deer are still in their summer coat if you look back to the buck bear just posted he’s already in his winter disguise

Got this fella on cam so far. Last pic was 9/6/19, just before 8:00. Hope he sticks to that pattern for another week or so. If so, he’ll fall victim to a Tree Shark attack.
A7B7AA61-61AB-433C-878F-4D63632E5EF3.jpeg

27399729-6959-4BA7-A57B-5FB25484E490.jpeg

Found a torn up staging area today while doing some scouting after work.
It’s a big wide circle around some sporadic laurel in the center.
Man it is torn up with tracks.

Found me a nice tree with a perfect leafy branch plateau from another tree that i will trim to my liking and i’ll set my climber right above that leafy concealment.
I’m not even gonna put a camera there because I don’t want the temptation of checking it often and leaving my scent so I’ll sneak in there one morning about 2 hours before first light just to get in there super early so I don’t spook them.
I’ll have my climber already on the tree waiting for me so I can get in and get straight to business.

Little info for yuse guys, I read that the summer coat actually has more hair per square inch than the winter coat,to ward of biting insects.The winter coat has thicker hairs for insulation and some hairs are even hollow on some animals.Good luck this weekend

Back
Top Bottom