• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Credit card bills are coming quick .

I think you guys are putting to much credit in to the thought that everyone has been buying on credit. Sure I am sure some of it has been bought on credit cards, but many people out there have the financial ability to drop 3k on a rifle and not even blink. These are not just mechanics, iron workers, and truck drivers buying these guns. There are also many doctors, lawyers, business owners, etc. I know of a pathologist who has probably dropped 10k this month on a couple of ARs and ammo. That doesn't even come close to denting his budget and he will probably continue to buy in these volumes for the forceable future. I guarantee you his wife not only doesn't see the purchases, she doesn't care about them either.

I imagine we have at minimum 9 month to a year before prices start coming back down if at all. I doubt you will be able to easily find ammo in walmarts etc for the next 2 to 3 years.

I think your correct. I have done two deals this past couple weeks with guys at their business that they own.

I recall back in 08 manufactures saying things like they had six year long back longs on orders. LMT, RRA, Spikes and others were supposed to be running over a year behind on orders. Everything was sold out mags were gone everyone was screaming "get them while you can", then boom. Over night it was over. A few companies went out of business because they over extended themselves and bought a bunch of equipment to meet the "demand" That didn't really exist. By the summer 2009 the market was saturated and by the Fall things were back to normal. This situation is playing out very much like 2008, the numbers are slightly bigger but the market has also grown bigger since 2008. Once the panic dies off people will sell.

Agreed. All the talk about such and such manufacturer being backlogged "x" years is only true if demand keeps up at the current rate. It just simply won't. The market is already becoming saturated and AR sales are slowing down and prices are leveling at what I fear will be close to the new norm ($1200 DPMS from here on out...mark my words)....at a certain point, no one cares anymore and the bubble bursts........that is of course assuming nothing passes vis à vis AWB. If that happens, all bets are off.

Go to a local gun store or a gun show and the majority of the people buying are not doctors or lawyers, they are average people buying with credit cards hoping to flip their purchases in a short time for a big gain. If they were lucky and found some other sucker to buy their stuff at inflated prices quickly, they are good to go. If they are sitting on their overpriced guns, accessories and ammo when the market becomes saturated, they are in a hurt. I am basing my opinion on the fact that 20-30 year olds dominating the selling are probably not wealthy nor are they in a professional line of work with an above average income. The majority of the folks trying to sell at highly inflated prices are opportunist that were banking mostly on a quick turnover at a huge profit. To me it is like any other run on a sought after commodity, the ones in early win the ones in later will lose. It happened with baseball cards, Beanie Babies, game consoles and I Phones, this is just another get rich quick scheme for many. The last shortage in 2008-2009 was panic buying mostly by shooters, this time it is dominated by opportunist. I have been watching the demographics of the people buying locally, most were buying with a credit card and a lot had no intention of ever shooting the guns or ammo they were buying nor were they buying for the future except banking on an AWB to help increase their profit.

I don't have a problem with the people that can afford to gamble. I do have a problem with the idiots that gamble with money that can affect the quality of life for their families if they are spending bill money and don't win the gamble. Making a profit is a good thing, I just have doubts about the people living paycheck to paycheck taking a chance on having no money in a month to support their kids because they thought they were going to get rich quick and they are stuck with a bunch of stuff that will not sell for that huge profit they were banking on.

No credit card debt, not one red cent paid in interest in over 30 years. Only bills insurance, cable, phone, food, electric, water, and a little gas.
Not able to drive much, a tank last two months.

If I don't have the cash, I don't buy, that simple. Also I stay prepared for times like this.

Bought "RGR" Ruger and S&W "SWHC" . Sold all SWHC on the Obama win. Sold enough RGR to recoup initial investment and hold the rest for 2.9% dividend. Money makes the world go round an invesment in a US gun maker supports our 2nd Admendment rights. Liberalism will never over come greed. Chemical companies make the ingredients for gunpowder. Brass doesnt grow on trees with primers attached. We are part of a huge industry. The NRA needs to start calling out the worst companies and places so I can spend my $ else where.

I agree 100%. It's not about credit vs cash, it's about budgets. Married or not, at some point people will have blown their budgets on these things. Not only that, but the non-gun enthusiasts out there who went out and bought anything that looked like Rambo's guns are done. Most those types are going to stop buying cause they'll be satisfied that they have a future pre-ban item.

Now what's funny is, all these gun shops that are artificially raising prices and selling $80 mags and $20 boxes of 5.56 aren't going to easily be able to repair their reputations.

I buy with cash now. I learned my lesson on CC bills years ago and only use it now for gas.
I did get into the gun buying craze in a way. More of an excuse to get some guns that I was planning on getting anyways. I paid retail or slightly over retail for what I got and made some good trades so I'm good with what I have now.

Back
Top Bottom