• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ Scorpion

What type of sights are you using on your CZ? Dots are not my favorites, I prefer open sights as you can focus your eyes on target quicker, The Carbine I picked up has the CZ stock sights, the shorty has AR style flip ups (Diamondhead). I just ran thru a couple of hundred rds on my range today using both CZ's and a few Sig pistols and I noticed that my times almost doubled switching from target to target (I practice rapid fire on multiple targets at different ranges 25-50-75m's) I found the stock sights small and you had to cant your head at more of an angle for a good sight picture. I could engage targets quicker with the flip up style and cut my time in half (I time myself also LOL) any thoughts? I just ordered another set of Flip ups for the CZ Carbine..
CZ F.jpg
CZ A.jpg

What type of sights are you using on your CZ? Dots are not my favorites, I prefer open sights as you can focus your eyes on target quicker, The Carbine I picked up has the CZ stock sights, the shorty has AR style flip ups (Diamondhead). I just ran thru a couple of hundred rds on my range today using both CZ's and a few Sig pistols and I noticed that my times almost doubled switching from target to target (I practice rapid fire on multiple targets at different ranges 25-50-75m's) I found the stock sights small and you had to cant your head at more of an angle for a good sight picture. I could engage targets quicker with the flip up style and cut my time in half (I time myself also LOL) any thoughts? I just ordered another set of Flip ups for the CZ Carbine..View attachment 979459 View attachment 979457

It's interesting that you're faster with irons over a dot

It's interesting that you're faster with irons over a dot
I shoot with both eyes open, using point & shoot and with large style flips able to fire and shift to other targets quicker than using a DOT. I tried it on the CZ when I first got it, but went to the flips. I have a Dot and magnifier on an AR which is ok, but sometimes old tech is better for some. Must be something right, went thru over 300 rds of 9 this afternoon without one miss :thumb:

I shoot with both eyes open, using point & shoot and with large style flips able to fire and shift to other targets quicker than using a DOT. I tried it on the CZ when I first got it, but went to the flips. I have a Dot and magnifier on an AR which is ok, but sometimes old tech is better for some. Must be something right, went thru over 300 rds of 9 this afternoon without one miss :thumb:

Rookie.... :)

Back
Top Bottom