• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Damn expensive hobbies!

Then you're on her program...........

Yep, I guess so. šŸ˜‚ Well, she has MS so life over here ainā€™t like life at other peopleā€™s places. But at the end of this month we will have our 45th anniversary, in sickness and in health brother. We took those vows seriously on that cold ass day 45 years ago, she took care of me when I was in and out of the hospital the first 25 years we were married and Iā€™ll do my best to keep taking care of her. She was diagnosed 21 years ago and tried to make me leave her then because of it but Iā€™m a stubborn SOB and Iā€™m still here, neither one if us would ever admit defeat, weā€™re both alphaā€™s and hardheaded as hell. šŸ˜‚ Her exact words when she got the news were ā€œWell, Iā€™m not going to let this take me downā€ and so far she hasnā€™t. She has good and bad days, more bad ones than good ones now but sheā€™ll never quit. Sheā€™ll be 62 in a couple of months and she has to use a cane to walk with now, sheā€™s losing her hearing and she gets confused and upset easily but by God sheā€™s STILL not about to give up. Thatā€™s one of many reasons I still love that woman, sheā€™s as tough as a freakinā€™ railroad spike and even though her hair is silver now instead of dark brown I still see her as that pretty girl I was dating all those years ago. Always will, I knew the day I met her I was going to marry her and six & a half months later I did...

Yep, I guess so. šŸ˜‚ Well, she has MS so life over here ainā€™t like life at other peopleā€™s places. But at the end of this month we will have our 45th anniversary, in sickness and in health brother. We took those vows seriously on that cold ass day 45 years ago, she took care of me when I was in and out of the hospital the first 25 years we were married and Iā€™ll do my best to keep taking care of her. She was diagnosed 21 years ago and tried to make me leave her then because of it but Iā€™m a stubborn SOB and Iā€™m still here, neither one if us would ever admit defeat, weā€™re both alphaā€™s and hardheaded as hell. šŸ˜‚ Her exact words when she got the news were ā€œWell, Iā€™m not going to let this take me downā€ and so far she hasnā€™t. She has good and bad days, more bad ones than good ones now but sheā€™ll never quit. Sheā€™ll be 62 in a couple of months and she has to use a cane to walk with now, sheā€™s losing her hearing and she gets confused and upset easily but by God sheā€™s STILL not about to give up. Thatā€™s one of many reasons I still love that woman, sheā€™s as tough as a freakinā€™ railroad spike and even though her hair is silver now instead of dark brown I still see her as that pretty girl I was dating all those years ago. Always will, I knew the day I met her I was going to marry her and six & a half months later I did...
My wife also has MS. It's a war between the treatments and not knowing what the next day may hold for her. She's the same way, strong as iron and stubborn as a mule. Love her to death. The best of health to you and your wife.

Sorry to hear it. Your story is almost identical to some friends of mine. We were over to see them this past weekend. She actually ask me to help her with something. My wife and I both noticed she has declined over this past year. She always does all she can

Aside from the obvious, it's Harleys and Indians for me. I've owned well over 100 since 2008. Some stay longer than others but they all get ridden. At one point I had our two cars and 5 bikes in our two car garage back in Utah. Two parked on my workbench and 3 down the sides. I eventually got a storage unit to park bikes I wasn't actively riding or working on just to make enough room to actually work on them.

Prayer offered for you and your wife. Heartwarming story. Thanks.

My wife also has MS. It's a war between the treatments and not knowing what the next day may hold for her. She's the same way, strong as iron and stubborn as a mule. Love her to death. The best of health to you and your wife.

Thank you, and you as well. She sounds like a tough lady. My wife was on Rebif injections for 20 years but her Doc took her off of it last year because it was causing some serious scar tissue problems and really became ineffective after all that time. Every day I wake up wondering what the dayā€™s gonna be like. My prayers go out for yall, especially for you because most times people donā€™t think about or understand what it takes to be the spouse and caregiver of someone with MS.
Sorry to hear it. Your story is almost identical to some friends of mine. We were over to see them this past weekend. She actually ask me to help her with something. My wife and I both noticed she has declined over this past year. She always does all she can

Thank you. MS is scary as hell, one day sheā€™s up cooking something awesome for supper and the next she might be bedridden for several days but she wonā€™t give up.
Prayer offered for you and your wife. Heartwarming story. Thanks.

Thank you very much.

In addition to guns/ammo, I collect "action figures" and such... Currently, I am on a Funko Pop kick (bobble heads). Some of the autographed ones can be quite expensive. I used to customize my rides; but now I have 2 2003 Fords (Expedition and F250) so I guess I'm out of the cars game...

See anything you need...?

20240106_082104.jpg

I couldn't afford a Corvette for my mid-life crisis so firearms had to do.

I think I should've taken the Corvette direction...

I certainly could not afford a new one, but new cars donā€™t excite me, anyway.
IMG_3646.png

69093302561__0C4DFAB9-08B8-4884-9D0F-91ADCDA865E1.jpeg

As for expensive hobbies, guitars or any musical instruments is definitely an expensive hobby. In my case it is worse than guns by a wide margin. We are living in the golden age of instruments, though, and super high quality can be achieved at very reasonable prices these days. Still, I have high end tastes, like so many othersā€¦.It is a sickness.

And on top of all that, I am getting back into mountain bikingā€¦.SMHā€¦But riding will be the hobby, not new gear.

Back
Top Bottom