• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Damn expensive hobbies!

You all are amatuers. Get a racing sail boat if you want to burn money.

Ungodly expensive, and depreciate faster than anything else. Cant give them away once the new model comes out, literally.

Not me, btw, haha.

Attachments

• 15107 (1).jpg
    15107 (1).jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 18
You all are amatuers. Get a racing sail boat if you want to burn money.

Ungodly expensive, and depreciate faster than anything else. Cant give them away once the new model comes out, literally.

Not me, btw, haha.
That is pretty coollllll! How this type of catamaran is called? What am I asking for to get such awesomeness?

I certainly could not afford a new one, but new cars don’t excite me, anyway.
View attachment 6698108
View attachment 6698112

As for expensive hobbies, guitars or any musical instruments is definitely an expensive hobby. In my case it is worse than guns by a wide margin. We are living in the golden age of instruments, though, and super high quality can be achieved at very reasonable prices these days. Still, I have high end tastes, like so many others….It is a sickness.

And on top of all that, I am getting back into mountain biking….SMH…But riding will be the hobby, not new gear.
That has always been by favorite body style Corvette.

That has always been by favorite body style Corvette.
Ordered an ice blue ‘79. Got rid of pretty quick, fit and finish were crap.
Favorite for me is the ‘63-‘67 coupes. Had a ‘64 365 horse 4-speed for a while.
The two happiest days in a Corvette owner’s life….

That is pretty coollllll! How this type of catamaran is called? What am I asking for to get such awesomeness?
Its called a foiling Acat. I got 2, I woulndt mind selling one of them. New they are $45k, all carbon fiber, the whole boat weighs 65kg, I got one you can have for $15k-$18k. Or the beginner model for $4k. Be careful what you wish for, they are addicitive.

AUS Nationals just finished. https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=877532447517826&set=pcb.877534427517628

Midwinters in Key Largo is next weekend. https://upperkeyssailingclub.com/regatta/HKueDqGgFr

Very active FL series, usually between 30 - 50 boats show up for each weekend regatta. Camping is encouraged, and we drink a lot of beer when there is no wind, or too much wind, which happens alot.

Active fleet up at Lake Lanier Sailing Club. www.llsc.com

Most guys wear helmets b/c we are going between 20 and 35knts. Lots of pro sailers favor the Aclass, including the sailGP and America's cup sailors.

My medical bills from skydiving and BASE jumping were and still are expensive. Just finished having the discs between C5-6, C6-7 replaced with cadaver bone, bone spurs removed from C5-6-7 that had grown into my spinal cord and nerve running down my left arm and a plate installed to fuse C5-7 vertebras together. This is from a hard canopy opening I had in 2010 when I went from 120mph to 0 in a 1/2 a second and fractured C5.

Back
Top Bottom