• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Damn expensive hobbies!

Proximity flying in a wing suit is awesome but I never got the chance. Met Jeb a few times when we jumped the New River Gorge Bridge, WV.
09761071-F4FE-418C-A11E-CA266E5F0D98.jpeg

Its called a foiling Acat. I got 2, I woulndt mind selling one of them. New they are $45k, all carbon fiber, the whole boat weighs 65kg, I got one you can have for $15k-$18k. Or the beginner model for $4k. Be careful what you wish for, they are addicitive.

AUS Nationals just finished. https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=877532447517826&set=pcb.877534427517628

Midwinters in Key Largo is next weekend. https://upperkeyssailingclub.com/regatta/HKueDqGgFr

Very active FL series, usually between 30 - 50 boats show up for each weekend regatta. Camping is encouraged, and we drink a lot of beer when there is no wind, or too much wind, which happens alot.

Active fleet up at Lake Lanier Sailing Club. www.llsc.com

Most guys wear helmets b/c we are going between 20 and 35knts. Lots of pro sailers favor the Aclass, including the sailGP and America's cup sailors.

thanks a lot for taking time answering my questions

As an unmarried, childless adult, it is my duty to embrace hobbies and pastimes that my peers cannot, as they have sacrificed their free time and finances to maintain the population. I must vibe and chill, and do fun things, in their honor.
That is a very noble aspiration on your part sir. My friend in Athens is doing the same thing. The unmarried childless bastard is collecting guns, real estate and parking lots. I’m collecting once-used youth sports equipment, moderately used furniture from various family members as they ‘downsize’ (which require a storage unit ‘cause it don’t fit in my house), and bourbon - all my bottles seem to have holes in them.

Keep up the good fight sir. Let me know how Ibiza is in June.

That is a very noble aspiration on your part sir. My friend in Athens is doing the same thing. The unmarried childless bastard is collecting guns, real estate and parking lots. I’m collecting once-used youth sports equipment, moderately used furniture from various family members as they ‘downsize’ (which require a storage unit ‘cause it don’t fit in my house), and bourbon - all my bottles seem to have holes in them.

Keep up the good fight sir. Let me know how Ibiza is in June.
My buddy in Griffin is collecting the same kind of real estate as a single guy.......

I have the same collection as you.

Gun collecting, reloading, golf, raising goats, trying learn play banjo are all costly but it keeps me sane and I enjoy them all! Talked with a friend mine the other day who is superior court judge and asked how his Christmas was and if he enjoyed his time off! He said Christmas was good but he got so bored that he had been ready to come back to work because he doesn’t have any kind of hobbies!

I’ve bought, sold and traded some pretty high end guitars, especially on the acoustic side, including Froggy Bottom, Santa Cruz, Boucher, and many other boutique builds most have never heard of…Not to mention many Gibson, Martin, etc…

My fav for the past couple of years has been this Gibson SJ200. These are not cheap. Every guitar is different, no matter how exacting the build specs may be, and this particular SJ200 is extra special. That’s why I’ve held onto it.

20220412_192213.jpeg

20220412_192234.jpeg
20220412_192319.jpeg
20220412_192325.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom