• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Damn yotes!

swampbuck62

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
10   0
Reaction score
I hate yotes with a passion, they eat turkey they eat small deer they will even eat livestock..

And as far as the when in doubt back out crowd they eat your deer quite often if you leave it laying in the woods overnight.

Get you a light with bright white beam or and old coleman lantern give him an hour or so then go get him or her..

At least the cape was not ruined..

here are pics of my KY buck we had tracked him 80 yds in the dark blood gave out...we found him the next day 30yds further.. The shot was a slighlty quartering too it caught the right side lung and exited through the gut on the opposite side, even with a big mechanical the gut plugged the exit hole..

Attachments

• downsized_0926131903.jpg
    downsized_0926131903.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 464
  • downsized_0919130905.jpg
    downsized_0919130905.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 471
  • downsized_0919130905a.jpg
    downsized_0919130905a.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 470
  • downsized_0919130906.jpg
    downsized_0919130906.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 466
I have a friend who lives in ohio who had a big problem with coyotes. He hates them with a passion, however he does have a remedy that works... Not exactly humane but we both hate these fawn killing bastards. He goes and buys big grout cleaning sponges at home depot, cuts them into bite sized squares,soaks them up in bacon grease and puts them out where he sees heavy volume of tracks( gets the pack and not just scouts. It takes a few weeks... (Can throw some ratpoision in if you want to speed it up.)But it will cause blockages in them and they die. I thought it was just a cruel thing to do until i went up and thought i was in an animal sanctuary. He hasnt had any dead calves in years and he swears by it

Other animals eat them sponges too.Thats the bad part of doing it that way.Very effective though.Or the old hot dogs on treble hooks idea.Catches folks dogs also.Yep always a trade off when you start killing things.

Yea, biker that is the downside. He just does it as needed and doesnt leave it out more than a day or so. He also makes it a point to put it where he sees them traveling. If you have trail cams on it it helps too. And typically if you put it in an area of concentrated yotes.(where you know the pack stays, nothing else messes with it. Maybe some rodents but as far as stepping foot on coyote turf... Seems the deer and turkey avoid it for the most part...now hogs are another story. . Its all about placement

Anything beats spring traps in my book. But trebel hooks work? Ive seen a yote nearly chew its foot off to get out of a spring trap. How long will they stay at bay?

Yea. Its frowned upon but most understand. Everyone wants steak but nobody wants blood on their hands

I have a friend who lives in ohio who had a big problem with coyotes. He hates them with a passion, however he does have a remedy that works... Not exactly humane but we both hate these fawn killing bastards. He goes and buys big grout cleaning sponges at home depot, cuts them into bite sized squares,soaks them up in bacon grease and puts them out where he sees heavy volume of tracks( gets the pack and not just scouts. It takes a few weeks... (Can throw some ratpoision in if you want to speed it up.)But it will cause blockages in them and they die. I thought it was just a cruel thing to do until i went up and thought i was in an animal sanctuary. He hasnt had any dead calves in years and he swears by it

Totally illegal in GA. Also in Ohio.....

Back
Top Bottom