• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Damn yotes!

Finally found it! Remember reading this years ago and spend almost all my lunch break looking for this post just to get a refresher on the ideas contained within. I have been deer hunting regularly this year since the opening of bow and I hear coyotes on almost every hunt either on my property of the property next door (where I manage the hunting club). There is a RR track a few miles from my property and they usually fire up when the train comes through so that is always a good time to find location and get an idea of pack size. Yesterday morning two of them broke out into a fight about 20 yards behind me. After having a slight heart attach and pooping my pants when it went from dead silence to growling, snarling, and yelping in a split sec, I tried my best to see them to get a shot but my back is up against a very thick area and couldn't get a shot. I hear them from year to year howling at the train and the numbers have really seemed to grow this year and something has got to be done! I have had some success years ago calling the young ones out the woods and into fields with a hand call and shooting them during the summer, but the older ones seem to be too smart for that. Think I'm gonna see about getting someone to do some trapping after deer season/before turkey to see if we can try and slim back the ever growing population. If any of you guys provide such services in my area (corner of Effingham, Bulloch & Screven), look me up and we can start putting a plan together now. In the interim, anyone have any good ideas of things I can do to kill these guys that hasn't already been touched on in this thread please feel free to share. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom