• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dan Marino is the Best QB of All-Time....

Stampede

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Just my rifle, my pony and me.
53   0
Reaction score
...according to Joe Montana.

Joe Montana has an opinion on who is the best quarterback of all time. And it’s not Tom Brady, the guy who idolized him as a child.

In a recent interview with Men’s Health, the 67-year-old father of four who certainly qualifies as the best quarterback of all time in his own right, said there’s a distinction between the greatest quarterback, which is about career achievement, and the best quarterback, which is about skill and ability.

In Montana’s estimation, the best quarterback is Dan Marino.

The fact that he beat Marino in the Super Bowl and Marino never won a championship matters not at all to Montana. He feels as though the Dolphins QB had natural gifts and skills that even he didn’t possess.

“He had a quick release,”‘ Montana said of Marino. “I had to step into a lot of things to get enough [force] on the ball. He had the perfect torque of his upper body and strength to deliver the ball quickly at a fast release with accuracy.”

Montana also went on at length about the difficulties Marino grappled with during the era he played in and the advantages he would have had in today’s game.

“Put Marino into today’s game where he gets free release…and his receivers, holy cow, weren’t very big,” Montana said. “Now these guys are 6’4,” 6’5.” I think [Marino] is probably one of the most unsung heroes of the game. People don’t talk enough about him or realize the numbers that he put up during the times that he put them up.”

1693852772550.jpeg

1693852854676.jpeg

I think Tommy Kramer was the best quarterback of all time…you can’t stay up all Saturday night partying, drinking whiskey and snorting lines of coke off hookers asses all night and finish every season 9-7 unless you’re an absolute beast! You just can’t.

There's a strong argument for Marino. In 1984, the man passed for 5,000 yards in a run-first league when the rules weren't set up to protect players and blow up stats like they are today.

There's a strong argument for Marino. In 1984, the man passed for 5,000 yards in a run-first league when the rules weren't set up to protect players and blow up stats like they are today.
Wait. So are you saying you actually read the whole original post and then made a cogent argument based on facts and statistics and not just a knee jerk reaction the headline? Well that’s just not how we do it here on the ODT!

😉

Back
Top Bottom