• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daniel Defense Layoffs

From what I understand its a new building down the street from the old one. Not disagreeing with the decision to move the NC operations to GA but I dont know why you would build or move to a bigger facility if you're about to lay off a substantial amount of your workforce.
Maybe NC offered them some big tax incentives?

From what I understand its a new building down the street from the old one. Not disagreeing with the decision to move the NC operations to GA but I dont know why you would build or move to a bigger facility if you're about to lay off a substantial amount of your workforce.

I agree.
Pretty ****ty.

Are they just laying off the ones that work at the plant in SC that they are closing when they move into the bigger place in Black Creek?

Maybe it's just me but I've been able to see the writing on the wall in companies and I moved on before that time. I've been bless that God's opened doors in and around those times. Yes they could have handled it better instead of doing one mass layoff which was probably caused by the owners wishful thinking it would turn around. Nobody owes anyone a job and it's a right to work state and is employment At-will last I checked. This severance crap sounds like you want unions. This sucks for the employees and I wouldn't wish it on anyone to get fired or laid-off. I hope they all land on their feet.

Smells like preparation for a buyout from a larger company. Cut the workforce to a minimum to bolster the bottom line to add leverage at the negotiating table. Happens all the time.

I'm pretty sure the move to the new location was set in motion quite a while ago, then the market downturn hit. You get to a point of no return where halting the plan costs more than completing it.

Back
Top Bottom