• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daniel Defense Layoffs

This is been confirmed over in the Daniel Defense group on Facebook. One employee said they were all handed a blank manila envelope essentially saying they were fired with the terms of the termination. Something like a 2 year non-compete. No severance package. They had no immediate indication that it was coming, but I he said they kind of saw the writing on the wall. Do not know exactly what is going on given they're opening that new facility and were supposed to hire people for it. I do agree, that if true, this is no way to treat your employees. Not that I am going to go and throw my DDM4 in the trash, but definitely looking elsewhere for some of things that I've had my eyes on. BCM anybody?

Now you sound like Larry Vickers! Jumping from DD to BCM. LOL

How do you sign a non-compete if you don't get a severance?

Unless in your original terms of employment?

My heart goes out to those folks who lost their jobs.

I was wondering the same thing... If I'm not getting any $$, then that's how much that non-compete would mean to me. No way that's valid, even on a pre-employment contract, a severance would be negotiated as well.

I’m going to say that the noncompete will be a non-issue for any of these folks finding work. Now, if they go and start their own company or go to another company with intellectual property, they can definitely get nailed for that. I’m guessing the purpose of the noncompete is more protection of intellectual property.

Wasnt really a move.
They were expanding the GA facility and moving the NC operations to GA.

They thought it was best to have the whole process under 1 roof.

From what I understand its a new building down the street from the old one. Not disagreeing with the decision to move the NC operations to GA but I dont know why you would build or move to a bigger facility if you're about to lay off a substantial amount of your workforce.

Back
Top Bottom