• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deadliest Caliber in Modern History?

9mm really might have a shot. Its the most popular caliber in the world right now, and I would bet the majority of the shootings occurring off the battlefield would involve 9mm. We lose WAY more people to murder each year than war in the US, and we are always at war. Think about a country that hasnt been at war since the 1800's, think they are really getting a lot of 7.62x39 injuries going on?

9mm really might have a shot. Its the most popular caliber in the world right now, and I would bet the majority of the shootings occurring off the battlefield would involve 9mm. We lose WAY more people to murder each year than war in the US, and we are always at war. Think about a country that hasnt been at war since the 1800's, think they are really getting a lot of 7.62x39 injuries going on?

But think of all of the third world countries that are in constant turmoil and killing each other. 9mm is the most popular PISTOL cartridge. You have to think outside of the US.

Right, Im trying to think about it not just from a war perspective though. I think its 7.62x39 most likely, but I wouldnt count out 9mm.

Mass shootings in WW!! with the 8mm Mauser round would have to add up. That round was on the battlefield as early as WW! and served all over the world. In WW11 thousands of mass graves fron genocide were being filled up before the death camps came into being. After WW!! it was the surplus rifle that fueled small wars.

Back
Top Bottom