• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dear God people, please look at a map to see where you live!

I know, I know, beating the proverbial DEAD HORSE, but...
I'm tired of seeing ads with the general location as one thing and their actual location totally different.
For example:
Marietta is NOT Central Ga
Athens is NOT Metro Atlanta
Dawsonville is NOT Metro Atlanta

If you are listing an ad and not sure what your location is, Google has a neat page called GOOGLE MAPS. Open it, enter the city you live in and see where it comes up as on the map. Some may have to go a little further and reference a compass to get a bearing also.

That is all for now as I will step down from my soap box. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Wow this is something I've never herd before.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year OP. Would you like some cheese with your whine?
Nope, not really a whine but a complaint from frustration because people can't seem to realize where the hell they live at.
At least this wasn't a whine-fest post about over-priced Glocks and AR's!

My thoughts are they don’t want you to know where they’re located so when you arrange a half way meeting point you end up driving to their location. I have actually passed on deals when the other party gives me what I believe to ba a fictional starting location. Had a deal set up once where the other party said they lived in Athens and we were going to meet in Lawrenceville. I was coming from Newnan. Got a text from another member who had previously traded with him telling me he lived in Lawrenceville.

hey op why dont you just make a list of all 159 counties and tell us what region we live in? clear everything up for everybody
Or, admin could get the programming corrected to show the correct location based off the Zip Code the person would enter in their ad. There have been many, many complaints and suggestions on this subject. I would be happy with it just showing the actual city instead of N.West, S.East, Metro Atlanta, etc...

Back
Top Bottom