Decent start for a .22 SBR upper?

I would just buy a CMMG stainless kit, a stripped upper, whatever rail you want, and track down redtazdog and have him make you a barrel. He custom fits a collar to it. At the end of the day, you'll still be close in price to making that DPMS one what you want.

I got lucky on a Spike's ST22 upper with 5.5" barrel. It's awesome. Can't wait to SBR it!

I would go with Spike's, CMMG, or Tac Sol since they take BDM mags. Not sure if the DPMS does or not... (*Nevermind, it does as well*).

Cant wait to get my suppressor on this baby!

Last edited:
I would just buy a CMMG stainless kit, a stripped upper, whatever rail you want, and track down redtazdog and have him make you a barrel. He custom fits a collar to it. At the end of the day, you'll still be close in price to making that DPMS one what you want.

or Beyer Barrels, thats who redtazdog sent me too since he didn't have barrels in stock and I'm quite impressed.
i.imgur.com_h2Wpjai.jpg

This now has a stainless CMMG bolt group and 4.75" Beyer Barrel.

No clue. The ccmg stainless bolts were in stock at midway also so I'll go that route instead. I'm sure I'll be much happier. Your set up is great. I just wish I could bring the .22 can home.

No clue. The ccmg stainless bolts were in stock at midway also so I'll go that route instead. I'm sure I'll be much happier. Your set up is great. I just wish I could bring the .22 can home.

The aluminum by groups work just fine, the stainless is just easier to clean and just feels great.

I bought my bolt straight from cmmg and they sell barrel bolt combos in SS for like $300, but the barrels are like 6.5".

If you need help assembling it let me know I have the tools to help.

Back
Top Bottom