• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

dedicated 9mm can

What do you run your 22lr can's on? I have a Marlin 22, but it's not threaded so I would either need to have dobbs do it for me or buy another 22 rifle. Do any of you run these on any 22lr pistols? I was thinking about getting a Sig mosquito, but I heard they had a lot of problems. Brian showed me his 22 can on a bolt action in his shop a while back, pretty bad ass.

What do you run your 22lr can's on? I have a Marlin 22, but it's not threaded so I would either need to have dobbs do it for me or buy another 22 rifle. Do any of you run these on any 22lr pistols? I was thinking about getting a Sig mosquito, but I heard they had a lot of problems. Brian showed me his 22 can on a bolt action in his shop a while back, pretty bad ass.

I'd go with a threaded Ruger 22/45 for a pistol, the Sigs and Walthers are junk.

image.jpeg
On this:

I'd go with a threaded Ruger 22/45 for a pistol, the Sigs and Walthers are junk.

Ruger Marks and Browning Buckmarks are the loudest pistol hosts IMHO. I have one and love it, but the action is LOUD. I have had 3 Mosquitos - all ran perfectly. I know some have issues, but that is common on all pistol hosts. They can be picky. A buddy has a Walther and likes it plenty. The trigger is definitely much nicer than on the Sig's. Also have a sig 1911 - it runs great and you have the availability of 15 round mags.

Everyone needs a 10/22. I would start there. Ruger American Rimfires make great hosts as well. You NEED a 22 can. Not even a question about it.

Ruger Marks and Browning Buckmarks are the loudest pistol hosts IMHO. I have one and love it, but the action is LOUD. I have had 3 Mosquitos - all ran perfectly. I know some have issues, but that is common on all pistol hosts. They can be picky. A buddy has a Walther and likes it plenty. The trigger is definitely much nicer than on the Sig's. Also have a sig 1911 - it runs great and you have the availability of 15 round mags.

Everyone needs a 10/22. I would start there. Ruger American Rimfires make great hosts as well. You NEED a 22 can. Not even a question about it.

Thanks, I'm going back and forth on it. I'm swinging by my local shop today after work; I'll see what they got. I agree, a 10/22 is a must.

Back
Top Bottom