• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Defense against 2 or more

Ya know, we really gotta get together for coffee soon.

If I can ever get off the range or out of the classroom...

As a kid when I envisioned "roaming the range" I thought it would be riding a horse, dispatching bad guys w/ black hats, & rescuing doe-eyed damsels in distress.

Not having my head on a swivel watching muzzles & trigger fingers yeliing, "Finger straight, finger straight!", running back to the pavillion to get ammo, hearing protection, etc.

I do mostly enjoy & appreciate being so busy, but there are days... (for example, man it was hot today & it's not even summer).

One statement that is used often and is not really valid is "Fear for your life". Remember that fear has absolutely NO weight in court and should not be part of your decision to use or threaten deadly force. Fear alone is not justification. You MUST be able to show reasonable cause for the belief that you were under immediate threat. Your emotional state isn't going to do that. You must be able to explain why your fear was appropriate.

An example of how fear can get a person in serious hot water would be a woman walking down an ally that becomes convinced that a big guy is following her, so she draws her weapon on him. It turns out the guy had legitimate business walking there and had no interest in her. She goes to jail. If she convinces herself he is a threat to a very high point of fear and shoots him, she goes to jail for a very long time. The guy walking down that ally had nothing to do with the fear she created in her own mind. Again, fear alone is not justification for the use of deadly force.

Back
Top Bottom