• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

He deserved more...

I believe this happened 36 years ago ? That’s what’s shameful, this should have been done along time ago!
My bible says an eye for an eye.

Are you referring to “eye for an eye” in Hammurabi’s Code? That’s Babylonian law. Or Exodus of the Old Testament? That’s fine to stop there if one is Jewish. Now if one were Christian and was to fast forward to Matthew 5:38, one could read what Jesus actually said about resisting the temptation for earthly revenge…it’s the Sermon on the Mount. It’s kinda big deal to Christianity and Christian doctrine. It’s just that if we’re quoting the Bible, context is important.

Are you referring to “eye for an eye” in Hammurabi’s Code? That’s Babylonian law. Or Exodus of the Old Testament? That’s fine to stop there if one is Jewish. Now if one were Christian and was to fast forward to Matthew 5:38, one could read what Jesus actually said about resisting the temptation for earthly revenge…it’s the Sermon on the Mount. It’s kinda big deal to Christianity and Christian doctrine. It’s just that if we’re quoting the Bible, context is important.
I do agree with most of this, and we can go back and forth with verses and quotes supporting both views. That would serve no purpose, nor bring about a solution.
The fact remains, that forgoing punishment for crimes isn't working out well for society. Bad eggs just keep committing crimes because there's no consequences or deterrent.
What we must remember is that punishment for crimes committed is not vengeance or earthly revenge. It is simply a necessity, because society as a whole does not follow the laws of Yahweh, or His commandments. If we all loved our neighbors as ourselves, it would put government and law enforcement out of business. (For the record, I'm ok with people acting like we should, and not needing LE or gov)
Until such time that we all act like the Messiah, laws and fitting punishment for crimes against other human beings will be an unpleasant necessity. The system is in admittedly pretty poor shape (this applies to dc, le, and the judicial system) but it's better than the majority of the rest of the planet.
There has to be a line drawn somewhere, and punishment for the guilty does not equate vengeance.
Not everyone will sit with the Father in heaven. Surely you agree with that. Do you think the Almighty is committing an act of "vengeance" by allowing those who refuse His mercy and forgiveness to suffer for eternity in hell?
Or is He simply just/righteous, and keeping His word about the wages of sin?

When they sentenced to dealth they need the chair in the court room.just move over to another seat.don’t waste anymore tax dollars

I do agree with most of this, and we can go back and forth with verses and quotes supporting both views. That would serve no purpose, nor bring about a solution.
The fact remains, that forgoing punishment for crimes isn't working out well for society. Bad eggs just keep committing crimes because there's no consequences or deterrent.
What we must remember is that punishment for crimes committed is not vengeance or earthly revenge. It is simply a necessity, because society as a whole does not follow the laws of Yahweh, or His commandments. If we all loved our neighbors as ourselves, it would put government and law enforcement out of business. (For the record, I'm ok with people acting like we should, and not needing LE or gov)
Until such time that we all act like the Messiah, laws and fitting punishment for crimes against other human beings will be an unpleasant necessity. The system is in admittedly pretty poor shape (this applies to dc, le, and the judicial system) but it's better than the majority of the rest of the planet.
There has to be a line drawn somewhere, and punishment for the guilty does not equate vengeance.
Not everyone will sit with the Father in heaven. Surely you agree with that. Do you think the Almighty is committing an act of "vengeance" by allowing those who refuse His mercy and forgiveness to suffer for eternity in hell?
Or is He simply just/righteous, and keeping His word about the wages of sin?
But that’s kinda my point. I’m not saying not to punish or remove from society I’m just not for capital punishment. Life in prison, at least for me, would be far worse than a quick death. But…but, foregoing the death penalty for a sentence of life in prison at least allows for new evidence or dna to come out to release the wrongly convicted…because we all know the government can and will put innocent people behind bars too.

I’ll even take Jesus and scripture out of the equation and rest on the principle that it’s better to let ten guilty men go free than to put one innocent man to death.

I’ve been at the end of a good old fashioned kangaroo court with tampered evidence and a rush to judgement by over zealous investigators ready to put me under the jailhouse…if it wasn’t for one lone FBI agent doing his job and finding the real perpetrator despite the locals trying to pin it on me, I’d have had a much different life despite my innocence. I can’t believe I’m saying this but thank God for the Feds.

That Alabama hired killer of the crooked preacher's wife made a "last statement"
that showed no remorse for his crime and rather criticized society for being so barbaric
as to actually punish him with something physical that would make him feel discomfort,
when he was ENTITLED to live a full happy comfortable life in prison. That's his right you know.
And society is evil for not giving him what he's entitled to. Love. Everybody deserves to be loved, and he'll love us evil barbarians even as we wish for the Writ of Execution to be carried out.
(But he'll forgive US for our sin of killing him).

Makes me very glad they killed him.
I say it should have been with a tire iron and an icepick.

Anyone who sits on death row for 36 years will of course become a “born again Christian “ which is more than likely not genuine. i think they should be dealt with sooner than that and should burn in hell especially for a brutal murder, and the so called preacher that hired him.

Anyone who sits on death row for 36 years will of course become a “born again Christian “ which is more than likely not genuine. i think they should be dealt with sooner than that and should burn in hell especially for a brutal murder, and the so called preacher that hired him.

Somebody who genuinely seeks to know God and trust and obey Him doesn't even need a year, much less 30 years. If God chooses you as one of the elect, God will make it happen (or give you that opportunity on a silver platter, if you don't believe in predestination or irresistible grace) in a very short time span, less time than it takes to build a gallows.

Consider how a powerful government officer from Ethiopia was converted to Christianity during a chariot ride, while reading from the scroll of Isiah and then having the Apostle Philip (one of the original 12) explain it to him. (Book of Acts, chapt. 8). He asked to be baptized in Christ in some water they happened to come near during the trip.

Back
Top Bottom