• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Define "truck gun"

Hold everything! Multi-billion dollar company!!!! Will you adopt me?

Ha! Sorry if I came across as condescending with my mechanic comment, I have a lot of respect for anyone who gets up and goes to work every day.

If you are good with IT I might be able to find a job for you, but already have 2 leeches. I mean kids.

And I thought this was a simple question... what is your idea of a "truck gun"? For me, it begins with a Sig Scorpion Evo, bagged and stowed with 8-30 round mags, and a Judge 410 in the glovebox with a couple of boxes of various shots/slugs. Once I get in, that goes up by one Sig P229-40 IWB with 4, Plus2 extra mags in the console. Trying to cover basic needs. While at work, my truck sits outside, fully loaded, and ready to roll, while I peer through my window watching and my security camera records in HD at 1080p video. And, yes, I manage to get a few hours of work completed each and every day.

After reading these post I see where some people like me need a truck gun as a tool an some need one for the walking dead an some for road rage an still some for that crazy ass person that is just mean. What ever gun that covers all those things is what you need LOL

^^Big difference between WANT and NEED^^ I spend a lot of time out in the country, walking on my farm and looking at remote properties, almost all of which is away from the "city life". If I spent much time in downtown ATL, you betcha that both my "wants" and "needs" would change.

Back on topic...For me a truck gun is a rifle. The old saying about the best use for a pistol is to fight your way to a rifle comes to mind. I carry my pistol on me because it's inconspicuous, light and more practical to carry than a rifle. I'm not Chuck Connors from "The Rifleman" TV show, who always had his trusty levergun in his right hand. So a car or truck, being an extension of the home, is a natural place to keep a rifle. So a truck gun serves the purpose of being a bigger, better gun to "get to" if needed while away from home.

THE FOUR TYPES OF "TRUCK GUNS".........
Screenshot_20170919-124656.jpg

Back
Top Bottom