• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Define "truck gun"

Why would I leave a firearm in my truck all the time. Because I might need it. Some places my job takes such as police station, sheriff offices court houses won't allow firearms inside unless you are LEO. And there are many other reasons. Like it is hard to draw your edc with a seat belt on. I guess you think LEO are using bad judgement by leaving a rifle or shotgun in the potrol car. I cant keep all the firearms I own in my site or on my person 24/7. I keep most locked up. I guess you would be horrified that I Also have a dedicated night stand gun and a pump 12 I don't keep in the vault. Sorry pal, cause someone has a different approach to security than you doesn't make their approach wrong. Heck in D.C. they required you keep all your firearms locked up and unloaded even while you were at home. I guess you might want to consider a move to dc so you can be around people with better judgement..
I have a gun on my night stand to so I’m not following your argument. It’s not in plain sight and when it’s not placed there for security, it’s in my safe. Why? Because leaving it anywhere else, where kids or somebody I don’t want finding it, is irresponsible as hell. I could give 2 turds about DC. Fact of the matter is, the gun does you no good when it’s not on you and only benefits criminals, when it’s in your vehicle. As far as police, they have standard SOGs which define where their firearms are to be stored. In most cases that’s their vehicle and I agree, that’s again, irresponsible as hell.

I have a family to take care of, and losing my employment would be very bad for all of us. That IS sacking up, putting my beliefs and don't give a crap attitude on the back burner for my family.

I guess maybe if I made $8 working at Jiffy Lube it would be different, but I am a C level executive at a multi billion dollar company and the risk simply isn't worth it because some grease monkey on the internet told me I wasn't man enough to break the rules.
I’m a firefighter and also work on the side for a company with a strict firearms policy. You lose your job, you can get a new one. I lose mine and I’m out a pension and I’ll never be a firefighter ever again. But at the end of the day, I always have my gun on me and will never be told when, how and where I can defend myself. If you don’t make it home one day, I hope following the rules, was worth the end result. For the record, I hope that’s never the case.

truck gun for me is normally some pistol.

ill just go ahead and say. I carry at work and if I were found out, I would 97% most likely be terminated immediately. I do NOT however think Everyone should do that. I made the decision that id rather be fired and alive than dead and employed. I don't believe people who choose differently to be "sack-less". I work in extremely remote areas at times and have to worry about meth heads squatting in houses and the occasional coyote or bear. If I worked at an office then id probably make other arrangements.

truck gun for me is normally some pistol.

ill just go ahead and say. I carry at work and if I were found out, I would 97% most likely be terminated immediately. I do NOT however think Everyone should do that. I made the decision that id rather be fired and alive than dead and employed. I don't believe people who choose differently to be "sack-less". I work in extremely remote areas at times and have to worry about meth heads squatting in houses and the occasional coyote or bear. If I worked at an office then id probably make other arrangements.
I work at the port of Brunswick where the GA Port Authority Police have zero sense of humor and make the DNR guys seem friendly. Needless to say it's a definite no carry zone with random vehicle checks by them and sometimes even Coast Guard guys. It sucks since it seems that most high profile violent acts happen at work lately. But what can you do?

Back
Top Bottom