• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or stop traffic.

Now see, this is what I'm talking about. Do you really think that if that was a viable option this officer would not have used it? I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that this girl was in immediate danger and the officer needed to stop her RIGHT THEN. If she had not, you can bet all hell would have broken lose because "Police officer stands by and does nothing while 12 year old autistic girl get run down." Then that would have been the basher headline.

- - - Updated - - -

I used "poke the bear.." As a euphemism. I wasn't referring to you specifically, lol.

I hear ya on the baton deaths, I was curious too but couldn't find any stats. I have had this taser argument with my buddy and my sister in law who is a retired cop. We never agree on it.

LOL! I didn't think you were talking specifically to me.

Last edited:
What about the deaf guy that got shot?How did that play out?I am having difficulty with that one.Guy with a knife,close quarters weapon gets shot 4 or 5 times with a gun from where?1 yard,10 yards.And then it is heard,"he wouldn't drop the knife." He's deaf stupid.

I don't know enough about this incident and it could have been a bad shoot, but I would also like to know how you think they should have known the guy with the knife was deaf. Can you tell just by looking at someone? I can't.

BTW, even if I can't hear a damned thing, if I see a cop pointing a gun at me and I have a knife in my hand, I'm going to drop the damned knife. Anyone that wouldn't is due for a Darwin Award.

Last edited:
So wait, cops hit civilians in shootings that are not the perp and don't get charged and you say the RoE is the same ?

Cops are above the law, plain and simple. And when you don't have to worry about the law, why worry if you accidentally maim a mother of 3 while trying to stop that guy from stealing a snickers.

I don't know enough about this incident and it could have been a bad shoot, but I would also like to know how you think they should have known the guy with the knife was deaf. Can you tell just by looking at someone? I can't.

BTW, even if I can't hear a damned thing, if I see a cop pointing a gun at me and I have a knife in my hand, I'm going to drop the damned knife. Anyone that wouldn't is due for a Darwin Award.

He was half deaf & wearing head phones it turns out. The LEO approached him from the rear and then the side, he was shot in the side, and he had a legal 3" folding knife. So just like carrying a gun, simply carrying a knife (both legal items) in the open is RAS. The knife was found closed at the scene but I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it may have been open, in the video it looks like he may be carving but it's hard to say for sure. Let's say it closed when it fell. I would have to see the knife to see if it had a lock or not.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2013082467_shooting06m.html

Argument from Police Officers: "Most police are great people, family men/women who just want to go to work and come home in the evening. Most are decent, honest folks. There are a few bad cops out there but don't let that give you a bad image of all cops."

Argument from Muslims: "Most Muslims are great people, family men/women who just want to make a living, worship Allah and tuck their kids in at night. Most are decent, law abiding, honest people. There are a few radical extremists out there but don't let that give you a bad image of all Muslims."

My argument: If you don't want to be lumped together in one pile, don't put up with the **** from the bad apples in your group. Clean up the filth and make your group something worthy of respect.

Last edited:
Argument from Police Officers: "Most police are great people, family men/women who just want to go to work and come home in the evening. Most are decent, honest folks. There are a few bad cops out there but don't let that give you a bad image of them."

Argument from Muslims: "Most Muslims are great people, family men/women who just want to make a living, worship Allah and tuck their kids in at night. Most are decent, law abiding, hones people. There are a few radical extremists out there but don't let that give you a bad image of all Muslims."

My argument: If you don't want to be lumped together in one pile, don't put up with the **** from the bad apples in your group. Clean up the filth and make your group something worth of respect.

:first: :amen: :whoo: :clap2: :rockon:

So you are not only an LEO hater but an islamaphobe ? KIDDING.........You are spot on.

I'm sure others will say different but we are held to the ROEs as anyone else in Georgia. There is no seperate OCGA for LEOs or civilians. It's the same. Even on a 100% "good shoot". The case still goes to the Grand Jury twice before the officer is cleared. I'm not saying mistakes aren't made and officers shouln't be held accountable, most times we are but the people who want to rant and rave over our mistakes never know what was done to the officer. They only want to stir up BS about how bad LEOs are. My department has gone through several hundred officers (hired and no longer with us) in the last 10 years alone. Don't think that officers who can't make it get to stay. Most just go get hired by a smaller department and start over.

"Most get hired by a smaller dept" well dang I feel safer knowing a bad cop got to move on and keep thier job. On the rules of engagement, whenn would I ever have "probable cause" to enter a private dwelling?

lack of personal responsibility.

Cop shoots 'subject'
Paid leave, internal investigation
union Lawyers
political coverup
letter of admonishment in personnel file
displaced financial liability to the juristiction.

Citizen shoots 'subject'
immediate loss of freedoms/inarceration
assignment of uninterested overworked public defender
single point financial/criminal/civil liability.

The deaf guy should have been wearing the proper identification.

dont_shoot_im_deaf_bumper_sticker-r70e1d48a774841fb9d6ffd7fc93d5a26_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg
i-don-t-speak-hearing-person-organic-natural.american-apparel-unisex-organic-tee.natural.w760h76.jpgim_deaf_not_stupid_tee_shirts-r05c5134ac1314388a5ff71bc685812a2_804gs_324.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom