Dem Food Stamp

If you don't want more for yourself and you are unwilling to apply effort to achieve it, there always those dirtbags waiting in the wings to promise you anything if you'll just "get out the vote."

lol

i was reading through the comments

one stuck out

"we have a responsibility to teach self sufficiency"

think about the irony in that statement. how do you teach someone self sufficiency exactly; by doing it for them?

lol

i was reading through the comments

one stuck out

"we have a responsibility to teach self sufficiency"

think about the irony in that statement. how do you teach someone self sufficiency exactly; by doing it for them?

That used to be the goal of most parents and the most satisfying thing about loving and raising children. To see them off to a (hopefully) happy and productive life. At least it was for my mom and dad. Maybe I was lucky.

But then I think about the large number of people I have met and worked with who came from horrible backgrounds and had terrible childhoods who were driven, successful and happy people as adults and I don't know what to believe anymore.

That used to be the goal of most parents and the most satisfying thing about loving and raising children. To see them off to a (hopefully) happy and productive life. At least it was for my mom and dad. Maybe I was lucky.
oh i agree

but when you get random idiots declaring it a social responsibility i gotta laugh at how utterly retarded that idea is

That "village to raise a child" thing? I wondered about that in the 1990's. I haven't seen too many villages that I'd want to live in, much less have raise my kids.

"They can even satisfy the state requirement by volunteering for a charity."
yup, saw that disgusting tidbit

3rd party organizations such as nonprofits and NGOs should not be as integrated with government policy involving tax payer funds due to the huge lapse of oversight

I don't disagree with the "safety net" thing but when you see generations (multiple) of beneficiaries using the net like a bouncy-house at the carnival and they won't get off so other kids can get on it, then something needs to change. I mean, there are families here in Bibb Co., that do not have within their living memories a time when they didn't get their food paid for by stamps or EBT cards.

There's generations here in Bibb Co., that do not have within their living memories a time when they didn't get their food paid for by stamps or EBT cards.[/QUOTE]

At the top of every charity is usually some fat cat racing 6 figures $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Back
Top Bottom