• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prisoners in the U.S. are part of a hidden workforce linked to hundreds of popular food brands

Personally I would prefer they be kept in a cell 24 hours a day with no access to tv or any interaction with other prisoners but that’s not the real world. That being said, I would rather see them working and laboring even if it benefits the private sector than sitting around watching tv, working out in a gym or playing basketball.
They still get to do all of that as well.

“They are largely uncompensated, they are being forced to work, and it’s unsafe. They also aren’t learning skills that will help them when they are released,” said law professor Andrea Armstrong, an expert on prison labor at Loyola University New Orleans.

Uh...

Never mind.

“They are largely uncompensated, they are being forced to work, and it’s unsafe. They also aren’t learning skills that will help them when they are released,” said law professor Andrea Armstrong, an expert on prison labor at Loyola University New Orleans.

Uh...

Never mind.
Alright then lol i stand corrected on that part. But on whos metric is that

Alright then lol i stand corrected on that part. But on whos metric is that

I was actually agreeing with you.

Learning how to work a farm field or animals is a marketable skill, as is the discipline to do a day's labor.

My point is: Leaning to work is learning, and something that some of those incarcerated folks would have done well to learn before they got themselves incarcerated.

I was actually agreeing with you.

Learning how to work a farm field or animals is a marketable skill, as is the discipline to do a day's labor.

My point is: Leaning to work is learning, and something that some of those incarcerated folks would have done well to learn before they got themselves incarcerated.
I stand uncorrected lol

Yeah learning not to be a f*** up day in and day out is a life skill

I worked in the Louisiana DOC for 28 years. The state constitution mandates inmates be compensated for work unless they waive it in order to earn good time for an early release. There are numerous vocational/educational classes/schools made available to them if they choose to attend, but it is their choice.
They can be as smart or stupid as they choose.

Back
Top Bottom