• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prisoners in the U.S. are part of a hidden workforce linked to hundreds of popular food brands

8Jsl.gif
been happening right here in Georgia for probably 20 years. Since the Muslims got involved in dictating their requirements for food the ga dept of corrections has been selling all their hogs on the market.

So the Guy that wants Russia to nuke the law makers in DC also wants the people to follow the laws of those lawmakers :confused:
Not so much to get rid of the law makers but the bureaucrats and 3-letter agencies that are the ones doing the most damage. Politicians come and go but bureaucrats are there for life.

A person commits a crime and is imprisoned, there should be no financial incentive behind any incarceration. States and counties should not be using prisoners to compete with the private sector. The state should not be in business' to compete with the private sector. Yes I know they do, but two wrongs do not make a right. I know most will say this is post conviction and therefore no incentive. I say that sound's good in practice, but prove me wrong with facts.
Personally I would prefer they be kept in a cell 24 hours a day with no access to tv or any interaction with other prisoners but that’s not the real world. That being said, I would rather see them working and laboring even if it benefits the private sector than sitting around watching tv, working out in a gym or playing basketball.

That's disappointing, I always thought you meant all of them.
The taxpayers are like a landlord that owns a large house built on a solid foundation and blue print but over the years termites, rot and mold have begun to destroy the walls, subfloor and roof. Instead of addressing the problem, every two years the landlord kicks the old tenants out and puts in new tenants thinking this will solve the problem. This goes on year after year and the termites keeping eating and the rot and mold continues spreading.

The landlord doesn’t realize that the house has a good, solid foundation but the additions that have been made over the years were subpar and it needs extensive renovating to kill the termites, clean out the mold and repair the rot. You have to rip out the rot and replace it with solid pressure treated lumber as it is impossible to nail new boards to rotten boards and expect it to last.

So the landlord ignores the real problem (bureaucrats and agencies) because he is sentimentally attached to the old house, still imagines it in its glory days (Murica) and every two years blames the tenants (Politicians) for not fixing the house. I may not like the law makers but they are elected by their constituents as per the Constitution but bureaucrats (the true swamp) are hired or appointed and are the ones that are eating away at our Constitution.

A person commits a crime and is imprisoned, there should be no financial incentive behind any incarceration. States and counties should not be using prisoners to compete with the private sector. The state should not be in business' to compete with the private sector. Yes I know they do, but two wrongs do not make a right. I know most will say this is post conviction and therefore no incentive. I say that sound's good in practice, but prove me wrong with facts.
I agree...except when it comes to deterrence for later crime.

Research shows there needs to be an oppurtunity for education or the repeat offense chances are much higher

There probably is another way to skin the cat then what their doing

If i had to guess the companies get a massive tax break to do this

But they do have to pay the prisoners as well... while not much its still better to come out with a tangible work experience/skill...maybe even a connection for a job and a few thousamd bucks instead of being kicked out the door

Back
Top Bottom