• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did I "get him"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is sad that this made 7 pages... or that it even had to happen. I am the one that received the pistol in question on trade and I have no issue. I was ok with the deal once my concerns were properly addressed by both VaderPainter and Bama. I said so, apologized for how my concerns had apparently came across to VaderPainter and gave him positive feedback last night before this started.

I don't know what to do beyond apologizing for my end of the initial issue. I've called it good and gave positive feedback. I'm not even worried about getting feedback, good, or bad. I just don't understand why it had to go here...

This will be my last post on this matter. I have no problem with VaderPainter. I regret how things went when I addressed my concerns about the coating, but I don't think VaderPainter intentionally tried to "get me" or rip me on the trade. He seemed like a nice enough guy in negotiations and in person. All things considered I can see how he may have taken things the wrong way and felt offended. I will even retract my statement in my initial response here and say that I'd deal with him again. When I said that I was a little agitated.

There, my public apology for my end of things and declaration of a good trade. Now, I think I'll go put a mag through the 2022 before dark. It's definitely a shooter! ;-)
Ya'll know what? We are in desperate need of more real men willing to do this! Kudos for this sir! :thumb:

i380.photobucket.com_albums_oo246_sinac84_tumblr_mrirxrmOoS1qzpsuoo1_500_zps64399e63.jpg

Replace Facebook with ODT

It is sad that this made 7 pages... or that it even had to happen. I am the one that received the pistol in question on trade and I have no issue. I was ok with the deal once my concerns were properly addressed by both VaderPainter and Bama. I said so, apologized for how my concerns had apparently came across to VaderPainter and gave him positive feedback last night before this started.

I don't know what to do beyond apologizing for my end of the initial issue. I've called it good and gave positive feedback. I'm not even worried about getting feedback, good, or bad. I just don't understand why it had to go here...

This will be my last post on this matter. I have no problem with VaderPainter. I regret how things went when I addressed my concerns about the coating, but I don't think VaderPainter intentionally tried to "get me" or rip me on the trade. He seemed like a nice enough guy in negotiations and in person. All things considered I can see how he may have taken things the wrong way and felt offended. I will even retract my statement in my initial response here and say that I'd deal with him again. When I said that I was a little agitated.

There, my public apology for my end of things and declaration of a good trade. Now, I think I'll go put a mag through the 2022 before dark. It's definitely a shooter! ;-)

You owe no one an apology. I hope you don't hold this bunch of BS against the general population... I would have done the exact same as you in the same situation. If you ever need gun work or cerakote, give me a shout.
Thank you for handling things in the manner that you did.

Now, someone close this thread!

Sounds like a lack of knowledge and buyer's remorse...but you didn't do anything wrong other than not disclosing the cerakoting. If he inspected it and didn't realize it had been coated, then that's hardly your problem now.

Lack honor, huh! Give him his money back. You failed to disclose a refinish. What else? Not cool. Maybe he didn't know what to look for. You should have been honorable enough to tell him. What's the real reason you sold it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom